The Student Room Group

urgent question about the gcse english language exam!!

Hi, I just sat my English exam yesterday and the day before the exam I had watched a video from my salles youtube channel and there was a setting paragraph that he said we can memorize and write for our descriptive writing and I wrote the rest of my own plot however I forgot to change up the words a bit and now I'm really concerned if I'm going to get disqualified or I will be marked down or what will happen I am really worried?
(edited 1 year ago)
heyy im not an examiner or anything of the sort but my opinion is that it should be fine as long as you didn't use the priest story almost everyone used.
oh god, so copying a plot is plagiarism but copying a paragraph isn't? nah man you're a comedian atp
Reply 3
Original post by dahlia06
oh god, so copying a plot is plagiarism but copying a paragraph isn't? nah man you're a comedian atp

Nah I think the plot thing is fine but for mine apparently they jus wont mark the bit i copied out if they clock that its from youtube but the rest of the story they'll jus give a grade for that
Reply 4
what description did you write, like what was it about?
Reply 5
it (Original post by fintl05)what description did you write, like what was it about?

Original post by fintl05
what description did you write, like what was it about?

it was about the weather. so it was basically the setting
Reply 6
Original post by taha.su8
it (Original post by fintl05)what description did you write, like what was it about?

it was about the weather. so it was basically the setting

what was the weather like, was it the sun drips hot wax one?
Reply 7
Original post by fintl05
what was the weather like, was it the sun drips hot wax one?

yess, ye that one. I failed man I'm getting a U
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
yess, ye that one. I failed man I'm getting a U

how do you know
Reply 9
Original post by fintl05
how do you know

Apparently its plagiarizing but like i commented on mr salles' video and asked him whas gonna happen and he said that the bit that i jus copied wont get marked but the rest the story will and the other questions will be fine but idk cos other ppl are saying other things so like ive accepted the fact that a failed. I saw somehwere else that you'll be disqualified from the whole exam board and get Us for all the exams from the board
Apparently its plagiarizing but like i commented on mr salles' video and asked him whas gonna happen and he said that the bit that i jus copied wont get marked but the rest the story will and the other questions will be fine but idk cos other ppl are saying other things so like ive accepted the fact that a failed. I saw somehwere else that you'll be disqualified from the whole exam board and get Us for all the exams from the board

Descriptive writing is so simple.. why would you copy a paragraph? If other people have written the same thing then you probably will be disqualified.
Reply 11
Original post by englishbuzzzz
Descriptive writing is so simple.. why would you copy a paragraph? If other people have written the same thing then you probably will be disqualified.

Yes I knoww but idk I've nevr in my life copied work from the internet and always end up getting 7s and 8s but idk it was probably jus me panicking so i was tryna find something that will get me top grades so i jus copied without remembering that ur not allowed to but hopefully the examiners dont realize
Yes I knoww but idk I've nevr in my life copied work from the internet and always end up getting 7s and 8s but idk it was probably jus me panicking so i was tryna find something that will get me top grades so i jus copied without remembering that ur not allowed to but hopefully the examiners dont realize

I've seen another post about someone plagiarising the same descriptive writing word for word. I honestly don't know what will happen but you've just got to forget about it now. It's common sense though.. It's like copying someone else's exam answer and saying "I didn't know". It's cheating.
Reply 13
how did ur grade end up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending