The Student Room Group

Friends never as interested in my life as I am theres

Literally recently it feels like with all of my close friends (3 of them) I am there for them a lot and they just dont show the same energy back for my situations. A recent experience helped me realise this, I am always very invested/attentive in their situations but they haven’t been the same for me.

Any advice? Its honestly not a nice feeling at all, these people have been my friends for years
Well its up to you what you want to do, you do deserve the love you give out to people. Have a think about if they are worth the pain they give you and if not try and find some other friends. Are you in uni or 6th form or GCSE years? I'd be easiest to make new friends in uni i'd assume
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
Well its up to you what you want to do, you do deserve the love you give out to people. Have a think about if they are worth the pain they give you and if not try and find some other friends. Are you in uni or 6th form or GCSE years? I'd be easiest to make new friends in uni i'd assume

Im in uni atm! I dont want to lose them as friends as I’ve known them for a long time and tend to keep my circle small so i clearly really valued them to keep them by my side. I guess I could just show them the same energy that they show me but what’s the point of a friendship if you can never rant to eachother or talk to each about important things?!?
Original post by Anonymous
Literally recently it feels like with all of my close friends (3 of them) I am there for them a lot and they just dont show the same energy back for my situations. A recent experience helped me realise this, I am always very invested/attentive in their situations but they haven’t been the same for me.

Any advice? Its honestly not a nice feeling at all, these people have been my friends for years

I can't see any actual problem here. Not one that warrants any change in your thinking, life philosophy, behaviour.

You have been thinking and behaving in a superior way to your friends. That is worth more to you than the interest of any friends in your affairs.
You are thinking and acting in a mature way. They are being immature.
They are being somewhat selfish. You are being unselfish.
They are being technically introverted. Focusing on themselves and their inner world. You are being technically extroverted: focusing on other people.

Keep it up.

The secrets to happiness / contentment are: having a high self esteem and having the expectation that good things will happen in the future.
Your self esteem should be high now.
Successful businesses rely on satisfying the needs and desires of their customers. With your outlook you'd have a great chance of doing well in business.

The only thing you might want to look at, is just checking that you're not supplicating too much. But that's not something to worry about. As you get older you will naturally tend to get more assertive and supplicate less. And there's a reasonable chance that you're not supplicating too much anyway.

You have the right foundations for expanding your social circle, should you ever wish to do so.
Original post by Anonymous
Im in uni atm! I dont want to lose them as friends as I’ve known them for a long time and tend to keep my circle small so i clearly really valued them to keep them by my side. I guess I could just show them the same energy that they show me but what’s the point of a friendship if you can never rant to eachother or talk to each about important things?!?

I mean you could always tell them how you feel and that it makes you feel lonley? Maybe they might change
I believe that friends come and go to be honest
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
I can't see any actual problem here. Not one that warrants any change in your thinking, life philosophy, behaviour.

You have been thinking and behaving in a superior way to your friends. That is worth more to you than the interest of any friends in your affairs.
You are thinking and acting in a mature way. They are being immature.
They are being somewhat selfish. You are being unselfish.
They are being technically introverted. Focusing on themselves and their inner world. You are being technically extroverted: focusing on other people.

Keep it up.

The secrets to happiness / contentment are: having a high self esteem and having the expectation that good things will happen in the future.
Your self esteem should be high now.
Successful businesses rely on satisfying the needs and desires of their customers. With your outlook you'd have a great chance of doing well in business.

The only thing you might want to look at, is just checking that you're not supplicating too much. But that's not something to worry about. As you get older you will naturally tend to get more assertive and supplicate less. And there's a reasonable chance that you're not supplicating too much anyway.

You have the right foundations for expanding your social circle, should you ever wish to do so.

Thank you, though im not planning on going into business hehe!

I don’t think I’m doing too much honestly, imo they’re doing below the bare minimum atm
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
I mean you could always tell them how you feel and that it makes you feel lonley? Maybe they might change

Yeah I could do but I guess it’ll just feel forced/inauthentic when they do start paying more attention you know? I just want them to genuinely be happy for me like I am them :/
Original post by blue900
I believe that friends come and go to be honest

Me too, hence why I dont force any connections and let people go. But these 2 are my closest friends that I’ve had for years, without them Id have no friends, plus they have been there for me in the past
Definitely try to branch out and don't restrict yourself socially. See every interaction as an opportunity to meet others.

You deserve a friendship of requited kindness.
Bit dramatic, meet other people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending