The Student Room Group

What is the most mentally draining school subject?

English for myself

Scroll to see replies

As ridiculous as it may sound to some - maths.

I was always better with words than numbers.
biology
Chemistry :s-smilie:
Reply 4
chinese speaking 1 on 1 classes. My teacher was harsh and scary lol
English literature
Reply 6
Original post by Avreil
English for myself

Original post by Honey57
English literature

really?? What about english is draining?
Original post by Meduse
As ridiculous as it may sound to some - maths.

I was always better with words than numbers.

Probably maths for me too, for the same reason.
Original post by rebelw
really?? What about english is draining?

Analysing repeated ideas about a poem or a Book. Most boring and useless thing in my life.
Reply 9
Original post by Honey57
Analysing repeated ideas about a poem or a Book. Most boring and useless thing in my life.

that's a bit sad. Just think more deeply about the works and don't treat the process as an algorithm. Have some imagination.
Original post by Honey57

I can see your perspective. I disliked that aspect, but analysing someone's work is like taking a walk through their mind and that's why I liked English lit.

Some of it I found boring, though
Original post by rebelw
that's a bit sad. Just think more deeply about the works and don't treat the process as an algorithm. Have some imagination.

I found the work very dull. I loved books but literature made me depressed so I stopped reading for a while. Also everyone literally says the same ideas, there’s nothing new.
Original post by Meduse
I can see your perspective. I disliked that aspect, but analysing someone's work is like taking a walk through their mind and that's why I liked English lit.

Some of it I found boring, though

Sadly it was difficult for me. I loved English language due to how open it was and really creative but I was so bad at literature.
Physics. :bawling:
Original post by Honey57
I found the work very dull. I loved books but literature made me depressed so I stopped reading for a while. Also everyone literally says the same ideas, there’s nothing new.

lol what books were u reading?
Original post by rebelw
lol what books were u reading?

Frankenstein and the love and relationship poems. The most dullest things in the world and both of them were so dark for me. Both are about losing the person you love. I was not mentally ready for them. I read into books too deeply as well.
physics :dong:
Original post by Avreil
English for myself

Same. Just excessive writing. Luckily don't study it anymore. The day I finished my IGCSE English exam was probably the happiest day of my academic career
pe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending