The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (non - calculator) (Higher) 8300/1H - 20 May 2022 [Chat]

AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (non - calculator) (Higher) 8300/1H - 20 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 20th May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

I liked it. Why did I like it?
Reply 2
Original post by BenevolentMyths
I liked it. Why did I like it?

i dunno it was pretty easy
easiest paper ever
Reply 4
i found it hard there was alot of hard questions and im getting a 8
Original post by ISA1
i dunno it was pretty easy

I thought so too! But I’m worried because I never find maths easy, nor do I usually finish before time, but I did… so it’s weird
which ones did you find hard?
Original post by based2
i found it hard there was alot of hard questions and im getting a 8
Reply 7
Original post by paprikacrisps
which ones did you find hard?

the one about identity 12x^3 + 7x^2 -3y-10 ..... especially as it was only 3 marks
and the one about the 15 workers
and the algabraic fraction with (y^2 - 3y) x .....
i just expected to do better and i feel like ive lost loads of marks
Reply 8
Which paper is that
Original post by based2
the one about identity 12x^3 + 7x^2 -3y-10 ..... especially as it was only 3 marks
and the one about the 15 workers
and the algabraic fraction with (y^2 - 3y) x .....
i just expected to do better and i feel like ive lost loads of marks

did you do edexcel??! i didnt see these questions
I had those in AQA
What did you think about the last question with the 3 circles where you had to find the area of the shaded region?
Reply 12
How about that question with the exponents and if x was even or odd and y was even or odd?
Reply 13
Original post by princesscharli3
What did you think about the last question with the 3 circles where you had to find the area of the shaded region?

That wasn’t on my paper.
identity one you expand the other side to make it look like the original side and put like terms equal to each other on each side and solveworkers one was 8x15 to find out how long it takes one worker (120) then divide that by 6 to find the 6 workers (20) then 20-15 which is 5 more daysalgebraic fractions you factorise as much as you can and then cancel any brackets that were the same
Original post by Samrt
How about that question with the exponents and if x was even or odd and y was even or odd?

x was either and y was negative
Reply 16
Original post by will123456788765

I don’t think i read the question and thought that it wanted the output rather than the input so i put x as even and y as either which would be true if we were looking at the output.
Reply 17
Original post by will123456788765

X must have been positive because the power was even. If it was either then the total could have been postitve.
(edited 1 year ago)
what did you get for the probability question about the discs and the game with a dice? I got 2/9 but I was quite confused can't lie
what do you guys think grade boundaries will be like this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending