The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 non - calculator (Foundation) 8300/1F - 20 May [Chat]

AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (non - calculator) (Foundation) 8300/1F - 20 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 20th May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Good luck everyone. PM if you want to study together
Reply 2
How disd paper 1 go?
I think it went okay, what did everyone get for the circle question? difference between circle P and Q. I think I pulled through with at least 40 marks, I would prefer 45.
Original post by xKayTea
I think it went okay, what did everyone get for the circle question? difference between circle P and Q. I think I pulled through with at least 40 marks, I would prefer 45.

I left mine in pie form and just took them away but my calculations were wrong. Somehow I wrote 25^2 to be 425 instead of 625. Then times that by 1/3.

Predicting at least 30 marks if I'm being generous :/
Reply 5
Thanks

Did you think the advance information was accurate?

Original post by chemmathbio
I left mine in pie form and just took them away but my calculations were wrong. Somehow I wrote 25^2 to be 425 instead of 625. Then times that by 1/3.

Original post by Finne
How disd paper 1 go?
Reply 6

i got 4 times.

area of Q was 75pi and the area of P was 300pi <3

i hope this helps (:
Reply 7

I was looking forward to more multiple choice question easy marks but there was barely any which was a shame.
Original post by claroose
i got 4 times.

area of Q was 75pi and the area of P was 300pi <3

i hope this helps (:

I don't fully remember the question but from what I know I did not get those answers. For P I got 300pie but how did you get Q? Q was the smaller shape right?
Original post by mbxxw23
I was looking forward to more multiple choice question easy marks but there was barely any which was a shame.

true. At least paper 1 gives us an idea of the difficulty level for the other papers
true. At least paper 1 gives us an idea of the difficulty level for the other papers

Yeah, good luck!

i really hope paper 2 and 3 go well. i feel like i got between 38 - 45 on paper 1.
Can anyone remembe the question that = 4/10? I felt it was a hard paper at first but when i went back through it i managed to answer most of them.
Original post by Wadeyk2022
Can anyone remembe the question that = 4/10? I felt it was a hard paper at first but when i went back through it i managed to answer most of them.

cant really remember what did u get for the sector of a circle where u had to compare?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending