The Student Room Group

biology as 2022 paper 1 ocr

That so was horrible it was so hard

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah that test was mid, questions were weird and that frucose solution experiment smh
Reply 2
Ye I had revised that practical but still had no idea , the dna table question + the amino acid question I just had no idea

Original post by Bl4ze
Yeah that test was mid, questions were weird and that frucose solution experiment smh
Reply 3
Original post by rachelb561
Ye I had revised that practical but still had no idea , the dna table question + the amino acid question I just had no idea

Yeah a lot of people at my school found this test horrible as well. Examiner gonna be having a great time laughing while marking my paper.
The test was really hard, it hardly stook to the advanced info at all
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by whoknows1105
The test was really hard, it hardly stook to the advanced info at all

Ye Advaned Info is such bs
literally what even was that paper it was the worst hopefully paper 2 will be easier
I found it really easy. JK.

It was dreadful. Marked every page that I needed to come back to because I didn't know the answer to the questions, got to the end of the paper and realised every page was marked :frown:

Original post by rachelb561

Yeah, that question was ridiculous.
did it not stick to the advanced infromation? did the topics they put practical by come up as the practical questions? (i'm a level btw)
Original post by jasmine12345!
did it not stick to the advanced infromation? did the topics they put practical by come up as the practical questions? (i'm a level btw)

the topics that they said were all there

but they’d put them in a list in terms of the most marks with the top one (biological molecules) first but there was literally 6 marks on water and that was it??
oh i see! do you remeber any of the questions. I hope you are ok :smile:
Thankyou 😊

Yeah there was one on amino acids, biodiversity, oncotic pressure, and some weird membrane experiment
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by whoknows1105
Thankyou 😊

Yeah there was one on amino acids, biodiversity, oncotic pressure, and some weird membrane experiment

do you remember the questions at all? and what it asked you about the membrane experiment? is there an unofficial mark on TSR yet ?
Original post by jonny1985_2
I found it really easy. JK.

It was dreadful. Marked every page that I needed to come back to because I didn't know the answer to the questions, got to the end of the paper and realised every page was marked :frown:

Yeah, that question was ridiculous.

i did the exact same the one on how oncotic pressure is estblished i found so hard
It had some difficult questions that were really weirdly worded, but it wasn't too bad.

What did you guys put for the practical question asking what each apparatus meant?

I put:
1) Sieve tube element
2) Parenchyma
3) Companion cell

Asking for a friend here.
Original post by jasmine12345!

BARELY.

There was a question on oncotic pressure, tissue fluid, microscopes and meristems which wasn't on the advance information.

Multiple choice questions were manky.
Well done though! do you remember any of the actual questions though, and what were the questions like for the practical question on memrbanes? thanks :smile:

Original post by Ronanana)BARELY.

There was a question on oncotic pressure, tissue fluid, microscopes and meristems which wasn't on the advance information.

Multiple choice questions were manky.
Reply 17
Whole test was bs they didn’t put other stuff on Advanced and it requires more application than Knowledge hardest Q was probably the practical and oncotic
Original post by S13
Whole test was bs they didn’t put other stuff on Advanced and it requires more application than Knowledge hardest Q was probably the practical and oncotic

I suppose this is the exam board(s) attempts to “restore” grade boundaries to “what they were previously”, I read this somewhere a while ago off some sketchy GCSE advisor article. Regardless - I think this paper was fairly difficult. Some questions were doable, others not so much.

Let’s hope paper 2 is better, good luck!
I loved it except the 4 mark dna polypeptide question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending