The Student Room Group

Help me make sense of this

Had a girl i had been talking to for 7 months long distance get a boyfriend she got very distant with me as we were very close before her getting a boyfriend i told her it was hurting me and as a result she blocked me on 2 apps iMessage and Telegram it was like this for a month until on my birthday she messaged me happy birthday and also followed up the next day messaging me we had been talking a few times at least once a day since then till today i asked her to call assuming we could talk about it but we called for only 10mins and she didn't mention it once so i was too scared to bring it up but she also said to me 'My boyfriend won't play this video game with me would you like to play it with me ? Or we can buy a new game and play together'. This last month without her has been the hardest time of my life but i seriously am extremely hurt that she won't acknowledge that she hurt me for over a month and now is acting like nothing happened. Im still blocked on telegram and iMessage.Do i bring it up that she hurt me and then she leaves forever which i would struggle with but probably get over? like i don't want her to feel bad but this isn't right? Any advice is appreciated
Move on. She's gone. She's with someone else, so you should give up on any idea of a relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by SagaciousSag
Move on. She's gone. She's with someone else, so you should give up on any idea of a relationship.

I never seen her that way though it's just we were basically best friends before and we have talked many times about being together and both agreed it wouldn't work. I only want my best friend back thats all i don't see her as a potential relationship
Original post by Burner1235
I never seen her that way though it's just we were basically best friends before and we have talked many times about being together and both agreed it wouldn't work. I only want my best friend back thats all i don't see her as a potential relationship

Thought you meant the other "talking to". She sounds like she could be trying not to make it seem like she's talking to you in a romantic way. She also sounds like her boyfriend is her priority. You're probably better off not being friends if there isn't a friendship.
Had a girl i had been talking to for 7 months long distance get a boyfriend she got very distant with me as we were very close before her getting a boyfriend i told her it was hurting me and as a result she blocked me on 2 apps iMessage and Telegram it was like this for a month until on my birthday she messaged me happy birthday and also followed up the next day messaging me we had been talking a few times at least once a day since then till today i asked her to call assuming we could talk about it but we called for only 10mins and she didn't mention it once so i was too scared to bring it up but she also said to me 'My boyfriend won't play this video game with me would you like to play it with me ? Or we can buy a new game and play together'. This last month without her has been the hardest time of my life but i seriously am extremely hurt that she won't acknowledge that she hurt me for over a month and now is acting like nothing happened. Im still blocked on telegram and iMessage.Do i bring it up that she hurt me and then she leaves forever which i would struggle with but probably get over? like i don't want her to feel bad but this isn't right? Any advice is appreciated

keep your chin up king💯 Don’t let these females bring down your self worth. A woman wants a man who shows them what they want. Build muscle, invest in Bitcoin, vbucks, stocks and NFTs.

See where life takes you. Take risks. Experiment romantically with other men to channel your divine masculine energy.

The results will not fail you. I’ve got you my brother 👊
Original post by Anonymous
Experiment romantically with other men to channel your divine masculine energy.

First time I've heard of this as advice.
What we are trying to say is. Go gym
keep your chin up king💯 Don’t let these females bring down your self worth. A woman wants a man who shows them what they want. Build muscle, invest in Bitcoin, vbucks, stocks and NFTs.

See where life takes you. Take risks. Experiment romantically with other men to channel your divine masculine energy.

The results will not fail you. I’ve got you my brother 👊

That's actually pretty good advice except for the pyramid scheme stuff.

from a girl's point of view...
she found someone close she could talk to and eventually became friends with that guy. they talked about a potential relationship but agreed it wouldn't work so stayed as friends. best friends even. she might have even thought of him as a brother or something. anyways they were really happy and had lots of fun.
then, she met a boy. she fell in love with that boy and they started dating. she was happy as she had a boyfriend and a best friend. however her best friend messaged her saying that her relationship with her boyfriend was hurting her.
think about what she would've felt like. she could've been annoyed/angry as it's her life and here was someone else telling her what to do. she may have felt like you were controlling her, like she couldn't be happy if you weren't, like you weren't happy for her. therefore it would make sense that she blocked you
also another thing that could've happened is that she might've been weirded out. i know speaking from experience - i was friends with a boy at school and we got along well. then he told me he liked me and from that day on it wasn't the same with him. like i saw him as kind of creepy (he's not actually creepy, it's just his looks (he looks like the stereotypical pervert as in his mustache and overall face) and the way he comes across (he kind of weirds everyone out) but on the inside he's actually a really really nice guy and he's so sweet, considerate and selfless and i think he's the kindest person i've ever met. however did i block him on snapchat because i didn't really feel that comfortable for some reason). so as i said i saw him as partly creepy because for me whenever someone says they like me i immediately like they're like a dodgy pervert or something even when that's never the case. anyways back to you she may have been feeling the same way as i did but i don't know for sure, but i think it's the situation where she felt angry (the one i described above)
so i think the best thing to do is to apologise if you made her feel annoyed (i would say things from my perspective but say it gently if that makes sense and be really nice so she knows you're on her side) or uncomfortable (which i kind of doubt). but just don't sound needy or desperate if that makes sense.
What we are trying to say is. Go gym

yeah going to the gym could help (releases serotonin when you exercise) but don't think that you need to get in shape or anything for a girl. don't change yourself just for other people. if they don't like how you look then that's kind of a red flag (coming from a girl)
Original post by ArizonaRobbins
yeah going to the gym could help (releases serotonin when you exercise) but don't think that you need to get in shape or anything for a girl. don't change yourself just for other people. if they don't like how you look then that's kind of a red flag (coming from a girl)

We don’t do it for girls anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending