The Student Room Group

Reapplying to Oxford in 2023 for Law

So i hope to apply to Oxford this September and also attend LSE as a law student. If offered a place, i will start Oxford from September 2023, else continue as a second year student at LSE.

Is this a good idea?
I don't think Oxford except transfer students and also that's a lot of money to waste at LSE if you arent continuing the degree
Original post by H4ttie03
I don't think Oxford except transfer students and also that's a lot of money to waste at LSE if you arent continuing the degree

Yep - this is one of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to reapplication. IIRC you have to have *very* compelling reasons to do so.
No no i dont wish to transfer from. I'll restart from first year.
Original post by the.night.we.met
No no i dont wish to transfer from. I'll restart from first year.

Yes but even that I'm not sure oxford allows you to apply if you're already enrolled at another uni. And again think about the costs you're gonna get urself in an extra 9k debt. If you wanna apply to oxford why not take a gap year?
That way i'd lose all my offers right now.
Yes but even that I'm not sure oxford allows you to apply if you're already enrolled at another uni. And again think about the costs you're gonna get urself in an extra 9k debt. If you wanna apply to oxford why not take a gap year?
Original post by the.night.we.met
That way i'd lose all my offers right now.

Oxford only allow you to apply to other unis in exceptional circumstances while at another uni. The simple answer is think do you want to reapply and go to Oxford or just take LSE
You need to either take a gap year or just attend LSE. If you didn't get into Oxford law this time you're unlikely to next time, and even if you do, its blatantly not the right option. Getting rejected from Oxford is a blessing in disguise because its a truly miserable experience. Just be grateful and move on, you'll enjoy LSE much much much more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending