The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa triple chemistry urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doing Gcse AQA TRIPLE Chemistry and I really need help on it. Can anyone advise how to prepare and be good at it since I have been getting 4s all year and want to at least get a 6 this year. Especially due to the Advanced Info on Chemistry Paper 1, can anyone advise how to score well in it , and how to approach questions that you have no clue about.
Original post by Anonymous1764764
I am doing Gcse AQA TRIPLE Chemistry and I really need help on it. Can anyone advise how to prepare and be good at it since I have been getting 4s all year and want to at least get a 6 this year. Especially due to the Advanced Info on Chemistry Paper 1, can anyone advise how to score well in it , and how to approach questions that you have no clue about.

I find that textbooks can be really good, and CGP guides are also usually good.
When you look through the textbook, put a post-it note next to anything you don't understand, and email your teacher about it (or post on here, we are always happy to help!).
BBC Bitesize is quite a good online resource, and there will be lots of youtube videos on different topics.
In terms of questions when you aren't sure, try and figure out what topic it is linking to. You might have to think about the links between bonding and boiling points for example.
(edited 1 year ago)
advanced information only removed one sub topic, so its better to revise all topics as you have seen from biology paper they didnt really test anything from the major focus. i advice you to do past papers, calculations are most likely going to come up especially titration 6 marker. studymind has questions by topic and its useful
Original post by failing english
advanced information only removed one sub topic, so its better to revise all topics as you have seen from biology paper they didnt really test anything from the major focus. i advice you to do past papers, calculations are most likely going to come up especially titration 6 marker. studymind has questions by topic and its useful

thanks vie been learning the required practical's and especially titration calculations. What key fromulas do you think are vital. For example acid + alkali make salt + water. What other formulas are vital do you think
Original post by Anonymous1764764
thanks vie been learning the required practical's and especially titration calculations. What key fromulas do you think are vital. For example acid + alkali make salt + water. What other formulas are vital do you think

My teacher taught us a good way of remembering:
AAWS, BAWS, CAWCS, MASH
(if you say it out loud it sounds silly but it sticks in your mind)
so:
acid + alkali = water + salt AAWS
base + acid = water + salt BAWS
carbonate + acid = water + carbon dioxide + salt CAWCS
metal + acid = salt + hydrogen MASH
in any calculation question where you're not sure how to get to the answer, do mass = Mr x moles and/or concentration = moles ÷ volume (rearranged appropriately) this should al least get you a mark or two, and it might be clearer what to do next :smile:

physicsandmathstutor.com has loads of past papers as well as topic-specific past paper questions in the "revision" section. bbc bitesize and chemguide (make sure you go on the chemistry 14-16) are generally pretty good for information

get to know the key definitions, e.g. ion, various types of bonding, isotopes, what a catalyst is and how it works, etc.

and read the question! work out what it's actually asking for, which topic(s) it's about

best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest