The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Bethnal Green or Mile End, which is safer?

My foreign friend who will attend QMUL asked me which is safer to accommodate. I have no idea (actually I am international student too). How do you think?
Original post by Anonymous
My foreign friend who will attend QMUL asked me which is safer to accommodate. I have no idea (actually I am international student too). How do you think?

I'd say bethnal green is slightly safer but everywhere will be 'unsafe' when you worry about how safe an area is, considering it is London it's bound to have higher rates of crime/homelessness/drunks etc.
Bethnal green is close to Shoreditch and Brick Lane, there are loads of tube services etc so going to places isn't an issue. Same with Mile End really, although i'd say Mile End feels more gritty to some people.

All in all, they would only be seen as white, upper class unsafe lol. Just don't bother people, and you won't get bothered.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by ultimatequeen
I'd say bethnal green is slightly safer but everywhere will be 'unsafe' when you worry about how safe an area is, considering it is London it's bound to have higher rates of crime/homelessness/drunks etc.
Bethnal green is close to Shoreditch and Brick Lane, there are loads of tube services etc so going to places isn't an issue. Same with Mile End really, although i'd say Mile End feels more gritty to some people.

All in all, they would only be seen as white, upper class unsafe lol. Just don't bother people, and you won't get bothered.

Ummm, that's gonna be a tough decision

I've already been to these several times but my impression is quite depends.

Thanks for your help:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending