The Student Room Group

need to take a week off internship due to deferred exams

I’m an international student who will be going back home in the summer and I have an internship back home, that ends at the end of august. however, i recently had to defer some of my final exams due to health reasons, and i will have to fly back to UK for one week in the second half of august to sit for my deferred exams. how should i bring this up with my internship company? should i be honest and tell them now about my situation and risk my internship offer being revoked, or should i continue with the internship and only tell them later on that i have to fly back for a week? does anyone have any advice on what reasons I can give them to fly back (emergencies?) and if it’s possible to work extra after i’m back from uk to make up for the week i’m gone?
Original post by neenaaa
I’m an international student who will be going back home in the summer and I have an internship back home, that ends at the end of august. however, i recently had to defer some of my final exams due to health reasons, and i will have to fly back to UK for one week in the second half of august to sit for my deferred exams. how should i bring this up with my internship company? should i be honest and tell them now about my situation and risk my internship offer being revoked, or should i continue with the internship and only tell them later on that i have to fly back for a week? does anyone have any advice on what reasons I can give them to fly back (emergencies?) and if it’s possible to work extra after i’m back from uk to make up for the week i’m gone?

Depends where 'back home' is and what the general internship customs are, and what the specific terms of your internship are. i'm not sure why you aren't just contemplating telling them. If you lose the internship, well that's what it takes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending