The Student Room Group

Scholorships for uni/college

How do yall get scholarships
Original post by cupquake
How do yall get scholarships

In the UK most people don't since it isn't a major feature of the way University education is funded.
Each university publishes it's own information about limited scholarship and other funding opportunities on their web site with full details of eligibility, potential value and application process . It will vary enormously from uni to uni and course to course. Some are only available to home students, some are specifically for overseas applicants.
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
In the UK most people don't since it isn't a major feature of the way University education is funded.
Each university publishes it's own information about limited scholarship and other funding opportunities on their web site with full details of eligibility, potential value and application process . It will vary enormously from uni to uni and course to course. Some are only available to home students, some are specifically for overseas applicants.

hi thanks for replying,what are home students?/
hi thanks for replying,what are home students?/

Students who have a right to live in the UK, meet specific residency criteria and can be funded through university by UK student loans as opposed to those who come from outside UK and pay international fees.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Students who have a right to live in the UK, meet specific residency criteria and can be funded through university by UK student loans as opposed to those who come from outside UK and pay international fees.

Oh ok ,so i am born in the uk and have the nashnality and also the pssport and have lived for more than 3 yrs and by the time i go to uni it will be more
so am i considered a home student??
Oh ok ,so i am born in the uk and have the nashnality and also the pssport and have lived for more than 3 yrs and by the time i go to uni it will be more
so am i considered a home student??

Look for the Student Finance England forum on here and ask them for advice. It sounds like you would be a home student but it can be complicated
Reply 6
ok

Quick Reply

Latest