The Student Room Group

can i use a mechanical pencil in my a level exams

the lead is 0.5mm hb if that helps I'm not sure if that is allowed? it says on the candidate information that you need a pen and a hb pencil but would that include mechanical pencils with hb lead???
Original post by jxmaii
the lead is 0.5mm hb if that helps I'm not sure if that is allowed? it says on the candidate information that you need a pen and a hb pencil but would that include mechanical pencils with hb lead???

Sfine.
why would it not? you cannot write answers in pencil tho unless stated
Reply 3
ive used pencil in my paper 1 math. Do you think they'll mark it?
Original post by y1236
ive used pencil in my paper 1 math. Do you think they'll mark it?

Do you mean through the whole paper, or just some questions?
yeah as long as they can read it when its scanned. if you think about it, there are some questions where they specifically ask you to write in pencil so as long as you pressed down hard enough and weren't writing super faintly, they'll be able to see

I'm not quite sure how you did that tho, it does say on the front of the paper and also invigilators do tell you - can't believe the invigilators
didn't pick you up on it tbh.
Reply 5
I’ve done the whole paper in pencil.
Reply 6
So bro if my paper does not get scanned they won’t mark it?
Bro I appreciate the help.

Original post by Mynameissecret
Do you mean through the whole paper, or just some questions?
yeah as long as they can read it when its scanned. if you think about it, there are some questions where they specifically ask you to write in pencil so as long as you pressed down hard enough and weren't writing super faintly, they'll be able to see

I'm not quite sure how you did that tho, it does say on the front of the paper and also invigilators do tell you - can't believe the invigilators
didn't pick you up on it tbh.
Original post by y1236
So bro if my paper does not get scanned they won’t mark it?
Bro I appreciate the help.

If they can't see when it's scanned, they're supposed to send it to the higher examiner who will mark the paper I believe! So try not to worry!
Reply 8
Original post by Mynameissecret
If they can't see when it's scanned, they're supposed to send it to the higher examiner who will mark the paper I believe! So try not to worry!

Bro so they mark the paper physically?
Thank you bro appreciate it❤️

Quick Reply

Latest