The Student Room Group

My mum likes her more

My sister is allowed to be spiteful towards me even if I'm nice to her and that's all I ever am. She always snaps at me and her tone is disgusting. She gets away with talking back and everything. She can do what she wants. However, I am in agony and my mum is nagging at me saying how I am always in pain and that I'm all ******** basically and I don't even get any empathy or support . Ever. If it was my sister, she'd get comforted.
She is making me do chores that me and my sister usually do together but she's making me do them in PAIN.
I'm crying so much because we never get along and I can't cope anymore.
Why am I treated differently?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My sister is allowed to be spiteful towards me even if I'm nice to her and that's all I ever am. She always snaps at me and her tone is disgusting. She gets away with talking back and everything. She can do what she wants. However, I am in agony and my mum is nagging at me saying how I am always in pain and that I'm all ******** basically and I don't even get any empathy or support . Ever. If it was my sister, she'd get comforted.
She is making me do chores that me and my sister usually do together but she's making me do them in PAIN.
I'm crying so much because we never get along and I can't cope anymore.
Why am I treated differently?

Firstly I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Do you mind me asking how/why are you in pain? Is the pain physical or emotional?
Firstly I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Do you mind me asking how/why are you in pain? Is the pain physical or emotional?

Physical pain, below my belly button and my back.
Physical pain, below my belly button and my back.

Have you gone to a doctor at all to maybe discover what is causing this pain?
Have you gone to a doctor at all to maybe discover what is causing this pain?

No I haven't but I just don't understand why my mum is so insensitive about how I feel. I never get comforted or anything
No I haven't but I just don't understand why my mum is so insensitive about how I feel. I never get comforted or anything

Firstly, maybe you should go to a doctor about your physical pain to make sure it isn't anything bad. Is your mum aware of how you are feeling?

Or maybe does your dad know how you're feeling? Maybe she doesn't realise that you need comforting - which from what I understand about what you have said, you do.
Firstly, maybe you should go to a doctor about your physical pain to make sure it isn't anything bad. Is your mum aware of how you are feeling?

Ok, thank you I'll book an appointment! Yes, she knows how I feel and I even started crying in pain. I said to her " you try being me" because she kept criticising and saying it's an excuse not to do things and then she said "haha I'd rather not be you".
Or maybe does your dad know how you're feeling? Maybe she doesn't realise that you need comforting - which from what I understand about what you have said, you do.

He's worse, he causes a drama out of it and he likes attention and always seeks it.
He's worse, he causes a drama out of it and he likes attention and always seeks it.

I am so sorry that your parents are treating you like that. That sounds horrible. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and how old is your sister (is she younger or older than you)?

Is there a trusted teacher at your school who you could talk to? They might be able to offer more support and guidance.
I am so sorry that your parents are treating you like that. That sounds horrible. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and how old is your sister (is she younger or older than you)?

I'm 17 and she is 15. I know they love me and do everything for me but how they treat me emotionally isn't nice at all. I always have to question whether I'm over exaggerating or not because they do a lot for us but every time I tell them how I feel about their behaviour they get all defensive and blame me.
Original post by booklover1313
Is there a trusted teacher at your school who you could talk to? They might be able to offer more support and guidance.

Yes there are a few teachers but I don't think it's serious for that.I feel like they'd tell my parents
Yes there are a few teachers but I don't think it's serious for that.I feel like they'd tell my parents

Maybe go to a teacher and chat to them about it or someone that can help with pastoral care. When you talk to them you could ask for whatever you say to not be repeated as you don't want to get into more trouble.
Maybe go to a teacher and chat to them about it or someone that can help with pastoral care. When you talk to them you could ask for whatever you say to not be repeated as you don't want to get into more trouble.

I will do that :smile:

Not necessarily.. they have to disclose anything serious (like if you were being hit or something), but I would really recommended talking to them.
Not necessarily.. they have to disclose anything serious (like if you were being hit or something), but I would really recommended talking to them.

Ah okay thank you!
I will do that :smile:

Great! I hope that you start to feel better very soon and also hope that your physical pain isn't too serious! :smile:
Great! I hope that you start to feel better very soon and also hope that your physical pain isn't too serious! :smile:

Thank you kindly! Your help has been awesome:h:
Thank you kindly! Your help has been awesome:h:

Of course!!! If you need any more help feel free to PM me and I will be there! (BTW I was anonymous 2 just to be clear)
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending