The Student Room Group

does failing art matter for going into an ok/good collage

so Im failing art really badly but am getting b's in most others and english im getting c's, does failing art matter in the grand scheme of things even if i want to go into a job such as architecture or graphic design or if i want to go into an alright collage
Reply 1
I think you’ll be okay
Original post by LawOfAviation
so Im failing art really badly but am getting b's in most others and english im getting c's, does failing art matter in the grand scheme of things even if i want to go into a job such as architecture or graphic design or if i want to go into an alright collage

An architecture degree is around 50% design and a creative portfolio of your work is required during the application process. If you're failing art because you don't have the skills, then it is likely to be an issue if you want to take a creative degree. Lots of other careers out there though - just chooses A levels that you enjoy and will do well in.
you might have to do a foundation course before you get onto an art degree which you can get on easily
my friend does product design and there is a lot of theory work, I agree and pick something you enjoy! I did a design degree now work at one of the largest banks designing for them!

Original post by normaw
An architecture degree is around 50% design and a creative portfolio of your work is required during the application process. If you're failing art because you don't have the skills, then it is likely to be an issue if you want to take a creative degree. Lots of other careers out there though - just chooses A levels that you enjoy and will do well in.

Quick Reply

Latest