The Student Room Group

English Lit 2022

I have no idea how to revise for English Literature nor do I know any quotes for ACC or AIC , I only know some of the basic main quotes but I do not know any main quotes and I only know the basic storyline of each story, Am I ****ed?, I have got my exam on Wednesday.
Reply 1
Original post by IdrisMoualdi
I have no idea how to revise for English Literature nor do I know any quotes for ACC or AIC , I only know some of the basic main quotes but I do not know any main quotes and I only know the basic storyline of each story, Am I ****ed?, I have got my exam on Wednesday.

I have my exams on Wednesday too, I can share some quotes for AIC but not ACC, wanted to do ACC but accidently chose poetry D:<, I even learnt it.
Anyways here are some quotes
Sheila to Eric "You're squiffy" (ACT ONE)
Mr Birling "I speak as a hard headed business man." (ACT ONE)
Mr Birling "Unsinkable, completely unsinkable." (ACT ONE)
Sheila to Mrs Birling "We really must stop these silly pretences." (ACT TWO)
Mrs Birling to Inspector Goole "Girls of that class" (ACT TWO)
Gerald Croft "She was very pretty - soft brown hair, big dark eyes." (ACT TWO)
Eric to Mr Birling "You're not the kind of father a chap could go to when he's in trouble." (ACT TWO)
Inspector Goole "We are members of one body. We are responsible for each other." (ACT THREE)
Gerald to Sheila "Everythings alright now Sheila." (ACT THREE)
Inspector Goole "Each of you helped to kill her." (ACT THREE)
These are very simple and easy to lean quotes, hopefully these are useful, I am using the exact same quotes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Sorry what's ACC as we're all doing different books? I don't think story line is important although teachers stress it a lot, as long as you can contextualise your quotes by referencing where in the book they came from

LEARN QUOTES! do 3-4 quotes per chapter depending on how many there are and make a google doc where u just paste them, and then keep looking back at it every time you use your computer. Also maybe reread the book as sometimes you end up using quotes you haven't learnt but just happen to pop into your head during the exam. Also practice planning out questions, like write your intro, topic sentences for each paragraph and conclusion.

There's still 2 full days so get cracking and good luck!
physics and maths tutor have quotes and analysis: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/english-revision/gcse-aqa/an-inspector-calls/
on flashcards write half of the quote on one side and half on the other and either test yourself or get your friends/family to test you :smile:
also recommend using the Peter or petal structure for your paragraphs so you don't go on a tangent:
example question: how does Priestley present the inspector?
P - point - use key words from the question e.g Priestley presents the inspector as....he does this through.....
E - evidence - use short snappy quotes (learn ones that can be applied to both themes and characters)
T - technique - what technique does Priestley use? does he uses similes, religious imagery, stage directions, realistic dialogue ect..
E/A - explain or analyse - why does Priestley do this, what effect does it create + add context
R/L - link/how does this effect the reader e.g cause them to feel sympathy towards a character, causes the audience to question behaviour in 1912 ect...

Original post by Bacterium 2.0
Sorry what's ACC as we're all doing different books? I don't think story line is important although teachers stress it a lot, as long as you can contextualise your quotes by referencing where in the book they came from

LEARN QUOTES! do 3-4 quotes per chapter depending on how many there are and make a google doc where u just paste them, and then keep looking back at it every time you use your computer. Also maybe reread the book as sometimes you end up using quotes you haven't learnt but just happen to pop into your head during the exam. Also practice planning out questions, like write your intro, topic sentences for each paragraph and conclusion.

I think its a christmas carol :smile:
Original post by kakalaka06
I think its a christmas carol :smile:

thanks

do you get an extract to analyse in the exam, because if so, then ur not ****ed. if that's the case, then read summaries of both texts and have a firm grasp of the plotline. you can base most of your analysis on the extract and use knowledge from elsewhere in the text to contextualise your points on the extract. No need for any deep analysis of stuff not on the extract. If you follow that structure, you will only need like between 2-6 quotes to back what you r saying.

if u don't get an extract to analyse then it could be a problem
Reply 7
Original post by Bacterium 2.0

ACC - A Christmas Carol
AIC - An Inspector calls

Quick Reply

Latest