The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Essay HELP!

I have my first history exam on Thursday, It is my weaker paper and my content knowledge is not the best for this paper. How do I counteract this with my essay writing skills? Is there a way to make up for my lack of knowledge with essay writing? Looking for 70% so, 21/30 or 18/25
What courses in history are you doing

Original post by Anom-007
I have my first history exam on Thursday, It is my weaker paper and my content knowledge is not the best for this paper. How do I counteract this with my essay writing skills? Is there a way to make up for my lack of knowledge with essay writing? Looking for 70% so, 21/30 or 18/25
Reply 2
Original post by anon030303
What courses in history are you doing

1D Stuart Britain and The Crisis Of The Monarchy Is On Thursday And It Is My Weaker Paper

2J America A Nation Divided

Tbh not really, you need hard facts so just try and cram in as much as possible. You do need to present a balanced arg to get out of level 2, but knowledge is key
Reply 4
1D Stuart Britain and The Crisis Of The Monarchy Is On Thursday And It Is My Weaker Paper

2J America A Nation Divided

I do those units! Have you looked at the advanced information it cuts down how much you really need to know which could be useful for last minute stuff. Essay wise, a good clear introduction, 3 points that you can place in order of importance, and a conclusion that makes a clear decision on which is the most important, and preferably somewhere a kind of ‘it depends’ argument where you consider how something is good/ bad depending on a persons view point etc.
hope that’s helpful
Reply 5
Original post by meganrk
I do those units! Have you looked at the advanced information it cuts down how much you really need to know which could be useful for last minute stuff. Essay wise, a good clear introduction, 3 points that you can place in order of importance, and a conclusion that makes a clear decision on which is the most important, and preferably somewhere a kind of ‘it depends’ argument where you consider how something is good/ bad depending on a persons view point etc.
hope that’s helpful

How are you feeling about Thursday's Exam? I suck at remembering Puritanism, Arminianism, Laudianism, Millenarianism etc. How can I cram in the 15 sub sections on the advanced information?
Reply 6
Well I’m actually quite ill at the moment so that’s not ideal 😫 but I’m quite happy with the content (I prefer the Stuarts to America). As for cramming, have you made flashcards for the information yet? They always help me. Also with the religious groups, maybe make a few factfiles? As long as you know some key stuff you can probably use other info to bulk out your answers e.g Edward Coke was a key puritan and key supporter of the legislation of the late 1620s, but then you can explore that legislation and it’s effects rather than him as a puritan.
Reply 7
Original post by meganrk
Well I’m actually quite ill at the moment so that’s not ideal 😫 but I’m quite happy with the content (I prefer the Stuarts to America). As for cramming, have you made flashcards for the information yet? They always help me. Also with the religious groups, maybe make a few factfiles? As long as you know some key stuff you can probably use other info to bulk out your answers e.g Edward Coke was a key puritan and key supporter of the legislation of the late 1620s, but then you can explore that legislation and it’s effects rather than him as a puritan.

I am condensing my notes to only include the very important points. I hope to practice questions on Wednesday, I just hope the 30 marker is kind and the essay questions are easy

Quick Reply

Latest