The Student Room Group

How is this fair?

My small bedroom has one cupboard, which has been converted into a temple.

Usually I wake early but today was an exception.

My lungs are extremely sensitive to smoke and the widows of my bedroom were closed.

My mum had lit a special candle <30 cm away from my nose and slightly under it and now I'm coughing uncontrollably (since I was inhaling unconsciously for some time)

I go to uni but I can't leave the house due to special circumstances, what should I do?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Parziva1

My lungs are extremely sensitive to smoke and the widows of my bedroom were closed.

My mum had lit a special candle <30 cm away from my nose and slightly under it and now I'm coughing uncontrollably (since I was inhaling unconsciously for some time)

I go to uni but I can't leave the house due to special circumstances, what should I do?

Have you talked to you mum about this? It seems odd that she'd have lit a candle in your bedroom, so close to you, given your sensitivity to smoke.

Is there nowhere else in the house to which the temple can be re-located?

Failing that, buy a smoke alarm.
Original post by Parziva1

Is it usual to have a temple in a bedroom cupboard?
That sounds like a huge fire risk if nothing else, can you not get her to use LED candles?
Original post by Reality Check

Hi RC - nice to see you again! :smile:

In some religions, such as Hinduism, people can have small temples at home for worship in a designated room or area of the house.

@Parziva1 speak to your mum and ask her if the temple could be moved elsewhere, explaining how much it's affecting you.

Best wishes.:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TriplexA

In some religions, such as Hinduism, people can have small temples at home for worship in a designated room or area of the house.

@Parziva1 speak to your mum and ask her if the temple could be moved elsewhere, explaining how much it's affecting you.

Top post.
Original post by Reality Check

You're skipping the elephant in the room- all the miniature monks doing their monk business in the miniature temple they call home.
Original post by TriplexA

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest