The Student Room Group

Do you need both religions for GCSE RS 12 marker Paper 2??

For GCSE RS Paper 2, 12 markers (AQA exam board), can you do 4 paragraphs (2 agree and 2 disagree) on only one religion e.g Christianity or does it need to be on both the religions you have studied?
Alternatively, because it would be unlikely all 4 of my points are on one religion, could I do 3 for one, and 1 point for another? Usually I do a balance but for the families topic I am stronger on Christianity than Hinduism and my teacher never said if you need both or not

If anyone knows, it would be really appreciated because I don't want to get marked down for something as simple as this.
From what I remember, paper 1 is 1 religion and paper 2 is the other, I don't think you can talk about Christianity in the Hinduism paper and vice versa, but if you're unsure, speak to your teacher :smile:
Original post by Caitlinnn.
For GCSE RS Paper 2, 12 markers (AQA exam board), can you do 4 paragraphs (2 agree and 2 disagree) on only one religion e.g Christianity or does it need to be on both the religions you have studied?
Alternatively, because it would be unlikely all 4 of my points are on one religion, could I do 3 for one, and 1 point for another? Usually I do a balance but for the families topic I am stronger on Christianity than Hinduism and my teacher never said if you need both or not

If anyone knows, it would be really appreciated because I don't want to get marked down for something as simple as this.

im pretty sure for paper 2 you can just do one religion (and also secular views but they arent necessary, just dont do ONLY secular) as long as you give differing views within that religion. I'd probably try to get another persons response though because my teacher ... isnt the greatest ... so dont take what i say as gospel lol

for paper 2, im pretty sure you have to refer to Christianity and non-religious viewpoints (like atheists or secular arguments), and you could also refer to another religion, but that isn't required.

You could use only Christianity, and use liberal Christians vs Catholics or more traditional Christians, so that you have a difference of opinion. but make sure to use both religious and non-religious arguments, so i wouldnt do 4 paras on Christianity :smile:
Original post by spectrum84
From what I remember, paper 1 is 1 religion and paper 2 is the other, I don't think you can talk about Christianity in the Hinduism paper and vice versa, but if you're unsure, speak to your teacher :smile:

Ahh sorry, I made a mistake and meant Paper 3. I have done Paper 1 and 2 last week already but in my head I had counted them as 1 paper because I did it on the same day. Thank you anyway for your help!
@Joe312 might know about this I think
i think you should do 2 christianity and 2 of the other religion you are studying - OR you can do the 3 paragraphs like you suggested but you have to give different views of different christians so what the church of england thinks ect!
Original post by jennaa21
i think you should do 2 christianity and 2 of the other religion you are studying - OR you can do the 3 paragraphs like you suggested but you have to give different views of different christians so what the church of england thinks ect!

Wait what do you need to specifically say Catholics or Church of England as my school as just always told me to say some Christians will agree and some Christians will disagree..... is that okay??
our skl was taught to do to different religions viewpoints - our religions normally had contrasting opinions on topics. doing different views within christianity is a bit difficult, so i'd recommend mentioning christianity, another religion and secular arguments if applicable

For paper 2, you can do 2 religions but you can get full marks just using 1. I tend to only do 1 religion for paper 2 as I get confused what quotes go with what religion. But for paper 1 you need to use both.
Original post by _Robyn_
For paper 2, you can do 2 religions but you can get full marks just using 1. I tend to only do 1 religion for paper 2 as I get confused what quotes go with what religion. But for paper 1 you need to use both.

Also you don't need to do that many paragraphs. Just shove all the agree in one paragraph and all the disagree in another. It makes it clear to the examiner which parts are agree/disagree. And you don't need to do an introduction. Just an agree paragraph, a disagree paragraph and a few sentences for the conclusion (no new stuff in conclusion)
Does anyone here have the mark scheme for paper 2 2021?

Quick Reply

Latest