The Student Room Group

writing in thank you cards to teachers

im in year 11 and am planning on giving two of my teachers a small present and card each on wednesday as its my final day before going on study leave.
i have already drafted what i want to write in one of them as i speak to her individually more often and she's been really supportive of me throughout the year so i knew what specific things to include. I'm just worried that it a bit long or seems too cheesy/weird even though I genuinely mean everything i have said?
for the other, i'm much more quiet in her class so dont talk to her often but i do get on with her. I wanted say how much ive enjoyed her lessons and to thank her for making me love languages (to the point that im doing french for a level) as when i was younger i really did not enjoy them. I just dont know how to phrase it so it doesnt sound cheesy or come across as either bland or overly enthusiastic, especially as I dont talk to her as much.

any advice would be much appreciated thanks :smile:
That should be completely fine! I'm sure your teachers would appreciate the message behind each card. I personally love writing long letters to people's birthdays/Christmases/everything really because it's a great way to tell them how much you appreciate them.
Original post by edjc123
im in year 11 and am planning on giving two of my teachers a small present and card each on wednesday as its my final day before going on study leave.
i have already drafted what i want to write in one of them as i speak to her individually more often and she's been really supportive of me throughout the year so i knew what specific things to include. I'm just worried that it a bit long or seems too cheesy/weird even though I genuinely mean everything i have said?
for the other, i'm much more quiet in her class so dont talk to her often but i do get on with her. I wanted say how much ive enjoyed her lessons and to thank her for making me love languages (to the point that im doing french for a level) as when i was younger i really did not enjoy them. I just dont know how to phrase it so it doesnt sound cheesy or come across as either bland or overly enthusiastic, especially as I dont talk to her as much.

any advice would be much appreciated thanks :smile:

Stick to whatever comes naturally, even if it sounds cheesy, they'll appreciate it more if they know it's honest :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by spectrum84
Stick to whatever comes naturally, even if it sounds cheesy, they'll appreciate it more if they know it's honest :biggrin:

Original post by Not.Vibing.
That should be completely fine! I'm sure your teachers would appreciate the message behind each card. I personally love writing long letters to people's birthdays/Christmases/everything really because it's a great way to tell them how much you appreciate them.

thank you both so much! if you get chance could you read through these to see if they are okay?

To *teacher 1*,
I just wanted to give a genuine thank you for everything you have done these last few years. As cheesy as it sounds, it has honestly meant so much to me.
History lessons have consistently been something I look forward to. Your lessons always make it fascinating (even WWI) and I really appreciate your hard work in going above and beyond the curriculum, especially with power and the people this year. Also, you probably don’t realise it, but you’ve had a big positive influence on me - I feel I have become a lot more confident thanks to the positive environment that you always create and you’ve helped me realise how passionate I am about history, which has made me entirely change what I want to do in the future (thankfully I’ve got no idea why year 9 me thought science was a good idea).
Thank you for being so encouraging this year whilst I was doing the essay competition. You really didn’t have to share so many resources, let me watch younger years’ lessons or take the time to read and help edit it, but means a lot to me and I don’t think I could have done anywhere near as well without your support.
I hope you have a great summer!
Thank you again,
*my name*

To *teacher 2*,
I wanted to give a genuine thank you for being such an amazing teacher these last few years. I know I have always been quite quiet in class but I have really enjoyed French lessons since you have been teaching me. To be looking forward to starting a level French is something that I would have never thought was a possibility when I was younger so I owe you a big thank you for making me realise that learning languages can actually be fun.
Merci beaucoup!
*my name*
Original post by edjc123
thank you both so much! if you get chance could you read through these to see if they are okay?

To *teacher 1*,
I just wanted to give a genuine thank you for everything you have done these last few years. As cheesy as it sounds, it has honestly meant so much to me.
History lessons have consistently been something I look forward to. Your lessons always make it fascinating (even WWI) and I really appreciate your hard work in going above and beyond the curriculum, especially with power and the people this year. Also, you probably don’t realise it, but you’ve had a big positive influence on me - I feel I have become a lot more confident thanks to the positive environment that you always create and you’ve helped me realise how passionate I am about history, which has made me entirely change what I want to do in the future (thankfully I’ve got no idea why year 9 me thought science was a good idea).
Thank you for being so encouraging this year whilst I was doing the essay competition. You really didn’t have to share so many resources, let me watch younger years’ lessons or take the time to read and help edit it, but means a lot to me and I don’t think I could have done anywhere near as well without your support.
Thank you again,
*my name*

To *teacher 2*,
I wanted to give a genuine thank you for being such an amazing teacher these last few years. I know I have always been quite quiet in class but I have really enjoyed French lessons since you have been teaching me. To be looking forward to starting a level French is something that I would have never thought was a possibility when I was younger so I owe you a big thank you for making me realise that learning languages can actually be fun.
Merci beaucoup!
*my name*

Aww, that's so cute :h:
Both messages put a smile on my face, ur teachers will love them!
Original post by edjc123

To *teacher 1*,
Thank you again,
*my name*

To *teacher 2*,
Merci beaucoup!
*my name*

The second one is good but the first is a bit long-winded tbh
Reply 6
Original post by spectrum84
Aww, that's so cute :h:
Both messages put a smile on my face, ur teachers will love them!

ahh thanks so much! i was really worried they were a bit cringe ngl lol
Reply 7
Original post by rosy_posy
The second one is good but the first is a bit long-winded tbh

yeah you are probably right tbh. ive cut it down a bit now thanks :smile:
Original post by edjc123

To *teacher 1*,
Thank you again,
*my name*

To *teacher 2*,
Merci beaucoup!
*my name*

I completely contradict what the person above me says but I think this is perfect as it is! (Maybe it's because I write essays too aha)
Reply 9
Original post by Not.Vibing.
I completely contradict what the person above me says but I think this is perfect as it is! (Maybe it's because I write essays too aha)

haha, i only shortened it slightly, mainly so that i could fit it all on the card lol
Original post by edjc123

To *teacher 1*,
Thank you again,
*my name*

To *teacher 2*,
Merci beaucoup!
*my name*

Omg I love the first one! I think your teachers will really appreciate them! I wrote similarly long cards to my year 11 teachers and they loved them. I’m on a gap year atm, but will be giving a card and gift to my careers advisor in a week or two - haven’t started on the card yet so wish me luck ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending