The Student Room Group

AQA Economics 2022 Predicted Questions?

Hi, does anyone have any predictions for the 2022 Economics paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Econolusdal (on YouTube) reckons market failure and regulation of markets will come up. Both would be typical 25 mark questions.
Original post by Holylilkid
Hi, does anyone have any predictions for the 2022 Economics paper 1

im thinking oligopoly or monopoly for one context and market failure for the other
for the 15 and 25 im thinking labour markets for one then poverty for the other and then gov intervention/failure
I think oligopoly is going to come up and the 2 marker would be about concentration ratio as a quantitative skills which is suggested on the advance info. I think it will be about 5 large firms I.e: Supermarkets during panic Buying. That's what I think?
Original post by Charliehj79
I think oligopoly is going to come up and the 2 marker would be about concentration ratio as a quantitative skills which is suggested on the advance info. I think it will be about 5 large firms I.e: Supermarkets during panic Buying. That's what I think?

yep feel like its between that and pharmaceutical companies who supplied covid vaccines
Original post by dsfdmkvkfmm
yep feel like its between that and pharmaceutical companies who supplied covid vaccines

Probs the second context may be about electric cars plastic is unlikely as it was in the 2020 paper or poverty regarding NMW because discrimination has came as well as technology for labour
Reply 6
What about the technology aspect on the advance info and contestable markets perhaps some nationalisation of the water industry?
Original post by Holylilkid
What about the technology aspect on the advance info and contestable markets perhaps some nationalisation of the water industry?

Technology probably how it makes markets more contestable? Lower barriers to entry, low sunk cost etc
Original post by cowboylile
Technology probably how it makes markets more contestable? Lower barriers to entry, low sunk cost etc

Market structure context
Is anyone else feeling nervous
What did everyone think ?
Original post by Arrie0503

Section A essays were rlly hard imo but Section B essay on inequality was good. What about everyone else???
Would you guys say you could use state provision for the Internet one, essay 1 section B
What did people say for the Context 1 oligopoly interdependence essay qs????
Original post by ch dorone

That was context 2. Just how cos if interdependence if firms decrease their price then all will therefore everyone gets lower prices
Original post by ch dorone

I spoke about how in an oligopoly, the pricing decisions of firms are influenced by the actions of rivals. Then i analysed the kinked demand curve in depth. I then went on to answer the question by referring to the context by saying that as a result of the entry of low cost supermarkets like Aldi and Lidl, the market has seen far greater levels of price competition which inherently benefits consumers. Then i spoke about the stat where they basically said the price gap has shrunk from 20% to 12%.
Original post by Arrie0503

ngl im always terrible at timings, but i think the questions were ok? i did context 1 (took one look at context 2, say interdependence, thought oligopoly then was like absolutely not lol) and the inequalities question (third essay). upset there was no externalities question tho rip
Original post by vincentvangooo
ngl im always terrible at timings, but i think the questions were ok? i did context 1 (took one look at context 2, say interdependence, thought oligopoly then was like absolutely not lol) and the inequalities question (third essay). upset there was no externalities question tho rip

I did context 2 and essay 3. The questions were good imo. Only problem I had was timing as well. I revised heavily for inequality so when I saw essay 3 I was happy but I didn’t have a lot of time left. So for the 25 marker I only wrote like 2 and a half paragraphs as my points for and against, and in my conclusion only had 2 evaluations as I ran out of time. I sacrificed my 3rd paragraph to get evaluation in. Overall I think I did alright.
Yeah I also did context 2 and essay 3. But for context 2, 9 marker I was referring to Extract F instead of Extract E so I had to go back and change it. Still managed to finish the paper, but had to rush some things.
Original post by Max_2004
I did context 2 and essay 3. The questions were good imo. Only problem I had was timing as well. I revised heavily for inequality so when I saw essay 3 I was happy but I didn’t have a lot of time left. So for the 25 marker I only wrote like 2 and a half paragraphs as my points for and against, and in my conclusion only had 2 evaluations as I ran out of time. I sacrificed my 3rd paragraph to get evaluation in. Overall I think I did alright.
I did essay 2 about partial and complete market failure
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest