The Student Room Group

fear of getting covid during gcses

i have a fear that i well get covid during my exams, im wearing a mask to my exams but i feel as if thats not enough, pls someone help :frown:
Original post by jennaa21
i have a fear that i well get covid during my exams, im wearing a mask to my exams but i feel as if thats not enough, pls someone help :frown:

If you wear a FFP2 mask that is more filtering, it will give you more protection. If you are eligible, get the vaccine.
Those are the main things that you can do to reduce your risk.
Luckily most young people who get it don't get seriously ill, and the rates are coming down now.
Try to focus on what you can control, rather than the things you can't. Good luck :smile:
Original post by booklover1313
If you wear a FFP2 mask that is more filtering, it will give you more protection. If you are eligible, get the vaccine.
Those are the main things that you can do to reduce your risk.
Luckily most young people who get it don't get seriously ill, and the rates are coming down now.
Try to focus on what you can control, rather than the things you can't. Good luck :smile:

oh yes i have the vaccine already but my sister had the vaccine but got covid after so yuh thats why im abit nervous - kk tysm for the advice
Here is something you can do (I used to work in a covid lab). 😂

1. Wipe down your desk with a spray when you get to it (ask if you’re allowed to do this before entering). Preferably something alcohol based as it will dry within seconds. BE CAREFUL OF YOUR PAPER THOUGH, ink is soluble in alcohol (basically it will dissolve the ink/smudge the paper)!

2. Take hand sanitiser with you.

3. Try and refrain from touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth) with your hands during the test.

4. Don’t bite your pens.

5. If possible, request to be sat at the VERY front or back to reduce the number of people around you (direct vicinity). - This will likely be considered for your exams though!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jennaa21
oh yes i have the vaccine already but my sister had the vaccine but got covid after so yuh thats why im abit nervous - kk tysm for the advice

It's easy to spend lots of time and emotional energy worrying, but actually the most helpful thing you can do is to just focus on your revision because that will make a real difference. Sending hugs & good luck wishes
Get an FFP2 or FFP3 mask.
Would you worry this much about catching the flu or anything else in an exam hall? Remember you won't be sharing things with anyone and exams already have social distancing pre built in. As said above, a few basic precautions should be plenty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending