The Student Room Group

Do I need to go anything before a levels?

I'm gonna be taking religious studies, psychology and btec applied science in September and just wondering if there is anything I need to read up on beforehand. Just to get a headstart yk.
dont stress yourself with getting a head start it probably wont push you that much further forward anyways. Plus you may accidentally teach yourself something incorrectly and when A levels begin it will be a difficult habit to get out of. Just enjoy your freedom
Reply 2
Original post by nyameye-bentil23
dont stress yourself with getting a head start it probably wont push you that much further forward anyways. Plus you may accidentally teach yourself something incorrectly and when A levels begin it will be a difficult habit to get out of. Just enjoy your freedom

Okay alright I will. Thanks
Original post by _Robyn_
I'm gonna be taking religious studies, psychology and btec applied science in September and just wondering if there is anything I need to read up on beforehand. Just to get a headstart yk.

You don't need to get a head start on anyone but obviously this is your decision what you do.
You can perhaps read some books for psychology as look for free PDF downloads online as there's loads to chose from. The last thing you want to be doing is reading things that might be any good to you as maybe completely different from what you will be doing but psychology is generally same.

I put some examples of what you could perhaps read as you'll not know what exactly you'll be doing until September.. it up to you if you want to perhaps read any of those.

The Psychology Book by Nigel C. Benson
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
The Emotional Brain by Joseph E. LeDoux
The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Todd Gilbert
The Confidence Game by Maria Konnikova
Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
The Path to Purpose by William Damon
How Children Fail John Holt
The Invisible Gorilla by Christopher Chabris
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
You don't need to get a head start on anyone but obviously this is your decision what you do.
You can perhaps read some books for psychology as look for free PDF downloads online as there's loads to chose from. The last thing you want to be doing is reading things that might be any good to you as maybe completely different from what you will be doing but psychology is generally same.

I put some examples of what you could perhaps read as you'll not know what exactly you'll be doing until September.. it up to you if you want to perhaps read any of those.

The Psychology Book by Nigel C. Benson
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
The Emotional Brain by Joseph E. LeDoux
The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Todd Gilbert
The Confidence Game by Maria Konnikova
Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
The Path to Purpose by William Damon
How Children Fail John Holt
The Invisible Gorilla by Christopher Chabris

Wow thank you for this. I might give them a go
Original post by _Robyn_