The Student Room Group

aqa alevel psychology paper 1 2022 predictions?

anyone got any predictions on what will come up on aqa psychology paper 1 2022?
for example, which questions are most likely to be 16 markers? or anything tbh

stressing out dude-
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shana.17jk
anyone got any predictions on what will come up on aqa psychology paper 1 2022?
for example, which questions are most likely to be 16 markers? or anything tbh

stressing out dude-

this is just a guess
memory and psychopathology 16 marker. 16 marker on WMM or CI, 16 marker on explaining OCD
feel as if they may sneak a 16 marker on social influence, something like resisting social influence or minority influence
attachment i feel as if there’ll be a 8 marker on cultural variations or romanian orphan studies
Definitely unlikely to have a 16 marker on attachment as there is so much advanced info to learn. Memory I wrecked cognitive interview or WMM, social influence resistance to social influence or situational variables, and psychopathology either treating or explaining OCD
The behavioural approach for explaining and treating phobias which is systematic desensitisation and flooding might come up as a 4 or 6 marker
Reply 4
i doubt theyre gna have msm or wmm as a 16 marker. most likely to be biological explanations/treatments of ocd or cognitive interview
Reply 5
my teacher said it’s VERY unlikely to receive a 16 marker on cognitive interview. There’s just not enough info 😩
Can someone simplify the biological explanation of OCD its the only thing that's confusing me
Original post by AARON4955
Can someone simplify the biological explanation of OCD its the only thing that's confusing me

biological explanation of OCD is genetics - suggests OCD might be inherited as gene markers detect its presence
COMT gene - associated with regulation of neurotransmitter dopamine, more common in ocd patients to have more dopamine
SERT gene - linked to neurotransmitter serotonin and affects the transport causing lower levels which is also associated with ocd (and depression)
Lewis examined patients with OCD and found 37% had parents with ocd and 21% siblings which suffered. Acts as evidence to support genetic explanation but does not rule out environmental factors

Neural explanations - then talk about how serotonin and dopamine links to ocd

Brain structures - basal ganglia when damaged causes ocd symptoms and when removed reduced the ocd like symptoms
orbitofrontal cortex converts sensory information into action, PET scans found higher activity in ocd patients, and causes compulsion.
can someone explain how to structure 8 markers - do we write 2 paragraphs ( 2 paragraphs, 1 (Each) of 2 AO1 AND 2 AO3)
One Para of AO1 and 2 of AO3 as it is worth more marks
Original post by shan.17
i doubt theyre gna have msm or wmm as a 16 marker. most likely to be biological explanations/treatments of ocd or cognitive interview

Maybe with a stem tho
Original post by aribae
my teacher said it’s VERY unlikely to receive a 16 marker on cognitive interview. There’s just not enough info 😩
When writing a 16 marker for explanations to resisting social influence, what evaluative points are there cause there are none in the text book :')
Original post by Jasmine <3
When writing a 16 marker for explanations to resisting social influence, what evaluative points are there cause there are none in the text book :')

there should be. there's research support of smoking teenagersthay says with social support ppl can resist conformity. dissenting peers can undermine authority. shown in milligrams study which included a disobedient confederate. mostly just research support tbh.
Original post by shan.17
there should be. there's research support of smoking teenagersthay says with social support ppl can resist conformity. dissenting peers can undermine authority. shown in milligrams study which included a disobedient confederate. mostly just research support tbh.

Omg fab, thank you so much! I thought that was right but I just wanted to double check :smile:
Original post by Jasmine <3

You can talk about
-research support from Asch study for social support
-practical application of LOC in CBT for depression as turning their external LOC to Internal could help treat it
- other factors may be involved eg. Social support being to do with division of punishment rather than pressure etc
how do I structure 16 markers pls help.
Original post by shan.17
how do I structure 16 markers pls help.

So it’s 6 marks for AO1 which is facts so you want to outline all the facts you know for a the subject, about 6 to 7 points, then it is 10 marks for AO3 which is evaluation. You should do 3-4 different points for evaluation, but if you can only do 3 it’s okay
is hazan and shaver's study on the effect of early attachment types on later relationships a key study and part of the advanced info?also, can 'the influence of early attachments on later relationships' come up as a 16 mark question?
Original post by acatnamedoatmeal
So it’s 6 marks for AO1 which is facts so you want to outline all the facts you know for a the subject, about 6 to 7 points, then it is 10 marks for AO3 which is evaluation. You should do 3-4 different points for evaluation, but if you can only do 3 it’s okay

do you do PEE paragraphs or....
Original post by MoneyMase2020
do you do PEE paragraphs or....

Yeah you should do PEE, making sure your point is evaluative (so making sure your giving a clear positive or negative) and you can add an extra comment on the end such as a counter for your point (eg. Conflicting evidence) if you want but if you can’t think of anything that’s fine.
My main advice would be to make sure your answering and making reference to the actual question in your points, and always link your explanation back to your point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending