The Student Room Group

The guy I like talked about hanging out but we never initiated. Should I still text h

For context, this was all on text.

First, I had asked him if I get to see him before he graduates and he said that he was down to grab coffee or something sometime soon. I (dumbly) said, "Sounds good, just don't make me wait too long" and that ended that conversation.

3 weeks (exactly) later, he messages me and we chatted about the end of school stuff he has going on and his career. When I start asking him about it, he says it's hard to explain on text but can explain it better in person. I figured that was his way of trying to set something up. So I replied with, "Oh. Haha. I see. So when do I get to see you in person so you can explain it?" and he says, "Haha. After Easter break I can fit something in." I figured that was his way of trying to set something up. So I replied with, "Oh. Haha. I see. So when do I get to see you in person so you can explain it?"

A couple of weeks later, I went to a show he was in. I was going to say hi after it ended, but all of his friends were around him, and I didn't wanna interrupt. I sent him a text on Snapchat saying, "good job tonight. I was gonna say it after the play, but all your bodyguards were around you." His reply was, "hahaha. Those weren't exactly bodyguards but they might as well have been. I wish I could've said thank you for coming too."

Graduation was two weeks ago. I thought about messaging him, not to hang out so much, but just to see how he's doing. Should I or would I just be wasting my time?

For the record, he has tried to hang out before. He invited me to an improv show and a department hang out, but I was already busy both times and couldn't go.
hey cutie. it seems to us like hes into you, and is just really busy what with school ending and all. personally, we would try and set up a concrete time and place to have a one-on-one meeting and see how things feel irl. dont read too much into the fact you havent properly met irl yet - it seems its all circumstantial rather than due to lack of interest. keep slaying queen xoxo
In the time it's taken to make the half-a-dozen other threads on this same topic, you could have done something about this guy. Are you really that interested? You've never even spoken to him, and at 23 you should be mature enough to sort out what you want.
Original post by Anonymous
hey cutie. it seems to us like hes into you, and is just really busy what with school ending and all. personally, we would try and set up a concrete time and place to have a one-on-one meeting and see how things feel irl. dont read too much into the fact you havent properly met irl yet - it seems its all circumstantial rather than due to lack of interest. keep slaying queen xoxo

I don't think so.......

He had posted a photo on his story of his friends hold him up with the words "they put me up to this"

I replied with "Whatever! You know you were crying, "Pick me up! Pick me up! Please please please!!" 😂

Him: "Wow! I didn't think I was THAT conceited"

Me: ”Haha. I’m just messing with ya. I know you’re a sweet guy.”

Him “Haha. I figured. Thank you.”

Me (teasing him): “You figured? Figured what? You figured I was messing with you or that I think you’re sweet? 🤔”

Him: figured that you’re messing with me 😂 I mean I’m flattered that you think I’m a bit of a pessimist.”

Me: 😂 I’m not sure how flattering it is to be a pessimist person though……?

Him: it’s not super great that’s for sure 😂

Me: Wait…. What makes you think I thought you’re a pessimist?

Him: You didn’t ?

Me: No I don’t think that. But you said you’re flattered that I think you’re a bit of a pessimist. Right??

Him: No I’m flattered that you think I’m a sweet guy.

Me: ohhhhh. Okay. I got it now.

Anyway, I hope you’re enjoying life 🙂

Him: I am! Thank you!
Original post by falsefreedom1990
I don't think so.......

He had posted a photo on his story of his friends hold him up with the words "they put me up to this"

I replied with "Whatever! You know you were crying, "Pick me up! Pick me up! Please please please!!" 😂

Him: "Wow! I didn't think I was THAT conceited"

Me: ”Haha. I’m just messing with ya. I know you’re a sweet guy.”

Him “Haha. I figured. Thank you.”

Me (teasing him): “You figured? Figured what? You figured I was messing with you or that I think you’re sweet? 🤔”

Him: figured that you’re messing with me 😂 I mean I’m flattered that you think I’m a bit of a pessimist.”

Me: 😂 I’m not sure how flattering it is to be a pessimist person though……?

Him: it’s not super great that’s for sure 😂

Me: Wait…. What makes you think I thought you’re a pessimist?

Him: You didn’t ?

Me: No I don’t think that. But you said you’re flattered that I think you’re a bit of a pessimist. Right??

Him: No I’m flattered that you think I’m a sweet guy.

Me: ohhhhh. Okay. I got it now.

Anyway, I hope you’re enjoying life 🙂

Him: I am! Thank you!

And? Inconsequential chat. Are you actually going to do anything about this?
call the fire department
And? Inconsequential chat. Are you actually going to do anything about this?

What's there to do? He doesn't seem to want to talk to me. He didn't compliment me back like he usually does, he didn't ask me how I am/Say that he hopes I am also well, like he usually does. He's over me.
What's there to do? He doesn't seem to want to talk to me. He didn't compliment me back like he usually does, he didn't ask me how I am/Say that he hopes I am also well, like he usually does. He's over me.

idk the conversation you showed seemed like it was lots of good jokes. for all you know he could have felt you saying 'hope you're enjoying life' is your way of saying youre over him. you either initiate something or let it go. ball is in your court. stay slaying queen xoxo
idk the conversation you showed seemed like it was lots of good jokes. for all you know he could have felt you saying 'hope you're enjoying life' is your way of saying youre over him. you either initiate something or let it go. ball is in your court. stay slaying queen xoxo

But the pessimist part? That wasn't weird? It wasn't a typo (he would have corrected/said so) and it wasn't meant for someone else (in what world, would those words be??). It was almost as if he was hurt or mad about something. Passive aggressive in a sense.

I do agree with you on that last part though. Maybe he took it as I was ending the conversation. But even so, he could have said something like "I hope you are well too."
But the pessimist part? That wasn't weird? It wasn't a typo (he would have corrected/said so) and it wasn't meant for someone else (in what world, would those words be??). It was almost as if he was hurt or mad about something. Passive aggressive in a sense.

I do agree with you on that last part though. Maybe he took it as I was ending the conversation. But even so, he could have said something like "I hope you are well too."

i feel like that was a misunderstanding because i dont even get what he was trying to say...anyways again i feel like youre overthinking it
i feel like that was a misunderstanding because i dont even get what he was trying to say...anyways again i feel like youre overthinking it

Well you were right! I was still very confused, so I went back and reread that message 100 times probably. I realized I totally miss read it!!

I told him this:

Okay…. I lied yesterday 😅 I did not understand your message.

I’ve been feeling really bad since then. I thought I said something that made it seem like I thought of you as a pessimist. And I couldn’t figure out what I said.

I had re-read your message a bunch of times before I finally figured out you were calling yourself a pessimist.

I have a bald spot from scratching my head trying to figure what I texted 😂

And don’t think down of yourself! You are sweet, intelligent, you’ve got a great smile!!

I mean, my confusion and baldness is your fault because you didn’t put a period 😂 but still…

He liked the message with me telling him not to think down of himself. Then he replied:

Oh you’re all good! Don’t worry I didn’t think at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending