The Student Room Group

english lit gcse

Does anyone have any predictions for the ccea gcse english lit paper tomorrow ( of mice and men ) ?
curleys wife, curley or slim i think. possibility of ‘ranch is wo hope’ . i hope it’s not george or lennie bc even tho they’re the main characters they’re the ones i struggle w 😭
Reply 2
Original post by brookebyrne
curleys wife, curley or slim i think. possibility of ‘ranch is wo hope’ . i hope it’s not george or lennie bc even tho they’re the main characters they’re the ones i struggle w 😭

thanks so much same if it’s lennie i’m walking out of the hall
Original post by user374
thanks so much same if it’s lennie i’m walking out of the hall

nah same fr imma be outta there quicker than lennie kills mice
no clue where everyone's getting slim out of but i rlly hope it's not curleys wife since she was asked last yr. theyve asked george and lennie sm so i doubt it'll be that i'm betting on either crooks, maybe curley, or candy and there could b a theme about loneliness or could be about lack of hope since last yrs question was abt dreams
edit; crooks and curley were asked yrs ago so im assuming they very well cld do crooks to link w/ powerless victim which was asked last exam
(edited 1 year ago)
lWith reference to the ways Steinbeck presents George, show how far you agree that
George is responsible for what happens to him and Lennie.
(b) With reference to the ways Steinbeck presents dreams in the novel, show how far you
agree that these dreams are harmful. thats CCEAS last year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by doneill748
last years wasnt curleys wife curleys wife hasnt been asked in quite a bit

oh jesus christ i mustve gotten confused w a past paper we did then. who was it last yr??
lWith reference to the ways Steinbeck presents George, show how far you agree that
George is responsible for what happens to him and Lennie.
(b) With reference to the ways Steinbeck presents dreams in the novel, show how far you
agree that these dreams are harmful. thats CCEAS last year.

It very well could be C.W then due to dreams + the inclusion of Lennie etc. it better not be slim or lennie 😭
my friends and i have a bet i bet on curleys wife but my second choice would of have been slim and honestly it would be great to write about slim since hes prince of the ranch and things
yea + slim's quotes r sm easier to remember but then again c.w's quotes arent too bad either
Reply 10
l

my friends and i have a bet i bet on curleys wife but my second choice would of have been slim and honestly it would be great to write about slim since hes prince of the ranch and things

it was slim!!
Original post by user374
l

it was slim!!

Did u get the Non-R? I thought it was Curley?

Quick Reply

Latest