The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French French Paper 3 8658/RH - 24 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 24th May AM
Length: 1h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mythical Pingu

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 24th May AM
Length: 1h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :h:

Hello! thank you for this thread:h:
Original post by srija08
Hello! thank you for this thread:h:

Glad you find it helpful! The conversation should pick up as exams get closer :smile:
Hello what would be the top tips to help revise for the exams to get a grade 9? Im scared and tired of revision!
Original post by srija08
Hello what would be the top tips to help revise for the exams to get a grade 9? Im scared and tired of revision!

make sure to use...

- opinions (je dirais que, je pense que, je crois que...) and justifications (parce que, car, puisque...)
"je dirais que" is a particularly good one because it's an opinion AND in the conditional tense!

- AT LEAST 3 tenses (e.g present, near future, perfect, imperfect, past perfect, future, conditional...)

- lots of time frames (e.g l'année dernière, ce matin, le mois prochain, à l'avenir, parfois, souvent...)

- before every adjective, put a quantifier (e.g très, assez, trop...)

- put quantities (beaucoup de, trop de...)

- comparatives and superlatives (plus que, moins que, meilleur(e), pire...)

- for top grades, try to include the subjunctive
you can remember certain phrases containing the subjunctive (e.g il faut que je + subjunctive, j'aimerais que + subjunctive)
Reply 5
How did everyone find the exam today?
Original post by Samovar

reading was ok I feel like I got around 40/60 (was aiming for 45) however the listening was awful, Im unsure if ive even got 50%:frown: was just so hard
Reply 7
Original post by Samovar

it wasn’t great - I wanted a 9 but that’s not going to happen now, none of the 3 french exams I’ve done have gone great….
Reply 8
Original post by Samovar

Not super accessible accessible, but most of the paper was accessible.
how did you find listening
Original post by mesub
Not super accessible accessible, but most of the paper was accessible.
Reading was quite easy, the Phantom of the Opera passage was more accessible than similar exercises from previous years, and the French section and translation I found really nice.
Listening however... bit of a car crash but oh well, I thought that positive negative table thing was just nasty I mean weren't they supposed to make it easier for this year :confused:
Original post by HardlyHuman
Reading was quite easy, the Phantom of the Opera passage was more accessible than similar exercises from previous years, and the French section and translation I found really nice.
Listening however... bit of a car crash but oh well, I thought that positive negative table thing was just nasty I mean weren't they supposed to make it easier for this year :confused:

do u remember what u out for the phantom of the opera fill in the gaps passage by any chance? 🙏i found it so hard😭
I guessed 90% of the listening paper i literally only knew two answers lol
Glad to hear I’m not the only one who suffered on that listening paper lol. I’m really hoping the grade boundaries will be low!
Reply 14
Original post by Samovar
Glad to hear I’m not the only one who suffered on that listening paper lol. I’m really hoping the grade boundaries will be low!

Me too, what do ppl think the grade boundaries will be, roughly?
Original post by Samovar

Ye they should be that was ridiculously hard, for the verbal answers do not even go there lol
Original post by em:):

idkkkk usually between the 4 papers it ranges between 176-181 for a 8 which im aiming for but there isn’t much variance at all across them all, which is the same for all grades 🙁 i hope it’s like 170? but i doubt it would be
Original post by user93_
do u remember what u out for the phantom of the opera fill in the gaps passage by any chance? 🙏i found it so hard😭

right... so with the beer glasses I put like like se disputer", then there was "en entendant parler..." then dancé at the start referring to the ballet dancers, réprimandé and "est tombée" near the end and the imperfect verb was also used - I think the key was to look at the grammatical surrounding and then make a guess based on the context
Original post by em:):

probably 2019 grade boundaries lowered by 5-10 marks, 5 to compensate for covid, and the other 5 for the stupid listening but I'm not sure
Original post by HardlyHuman
right... so with the beer glasses I put like like se disputer", then there was "en entendant parler..." then dancé at the start referring to the ballet dancers, réprimandé and "est tombée" near the end and the imperfect verb was also used - I think the key was to look at the grammatical surrounding and then make a guess based on the context

ok slay so from what i remember i think i got two of the five then😭😭😭maybe three hopefully 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending