The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 8702/1N - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 8702/1N - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 25th May AM
Length: 50m per option

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

heyyy for english my main concern has always been time management. how do u guys do it? any tips/ on saving time and finishing all questions?
Reply 2
for anyone who is doing love and relationships do you recommend learning the poems in pairs?
Original post by zyxaaa
for anyone who is doing love and relationships do you recommend learning the poems in pairs?

im doing power and conflict and yeahh learning them in pairs is the easiest way ive found to revise them
Reply 4
Just wanted to check - its definitely anthology poems and animal farm (or whatever the equivalent for you is) tomorrow?
But its definitely not Macbeth, correct?
Original post by JAH36
Just wanted to check - its definitely anthology poems and animal farm (or whatever the equivalent for you is) tomorrow?
But its definitely not Macbeth, correct?

for me its the antholofy poems and an inspector calls, so yes.

Im sure macbeth is aqa lit paper 2.
Original post by sillybilly99
heyyy for english my main concern has always been time management. how do u guys do it? any tips/ on saving time and finishing all questions?

do a little plan before you actually start writing! I know it sounds counter productive as it takes up more time but it helps to organise ideas so you don't forget them or have to think of them on the spot (which will take more time than doing a five minute plan)

also keep your eye on the clock and make sure you don't write too much for one paragraph!

good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by Uni2024N
im doing power and conflict and yeahh learning them in pairs is the easiest way ive found to revise them

I've tried doing this (I'm doing P+C too) but wasn't sure which poems to pair with which - what do you use?
(edited 1 year ago)
any predictions on what anyone thinks the P+C poem chosen will be? i personally think it may be 'checking out me history', but im not sure. thoughts and your predictions?
Original post by bs123456789
I've tried doing this (I'm doing P+C too) but wasn't sure which poems to pair with which - what do you use?

I use Mr Bruff's quick revision playlist, it quickly summarises each individual poem and then gives a short list for what u can possibly compare them with
This one is for remains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4fLrVnp2jk&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAO64lBHZTFwTz2X0DD_Cxk&index=6
so do i ! i’m gonna compare with london or the emigree i think
How did it go guys
Reply 12
Original post by Samovar
How did it go guys

Ez. How about you?
went good for me. btw does it matter if i wrote the wrong examination date on the front? this elderly woman shafted me and told me it was the 24th and i came home and i see its the 25th...
(edited 1 year ago)
Did anyone do Christmas carol and love and relationships?
What happens if you forget to write the questionl number?
Reply 15
Original post by randomzz

Not sure but i think they will have trouble marking your paper and may not be valid. But the instructions were introduced today so they may be more relaxed.
i didn’t revise bayonet charge but i compared it to checking out me history in the way that soldiers identities are suppressed to become killing machines and agards identity was also taken away. i just hope i had valid points and didn’t waffle too much 💀
Original post by randomzz

I'm not sure but if u are still in school or can get back to school, you should ask ur exam officer about what to do as they may allow you to write the question number in (they allowed people in my school to do that). If u can't get back to school then email them and include ur candidate number in the email.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Samovar
How did it go guys

Pretty good
Original post by constrav
went good for me. btw does it matter if i wrote the wrong examination date on the front? this elderly woman shafted me and told me it was the 24th and i came home and i see its the 25th...

it shouldnt do i think if the code is right ur fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending