The Student Room Group

london uni clearing?

hey i was just wondering if anyone knows if kcl or queen marys are likely to do clearing for politics this year?
got rejected from kcl for law since its very competitive, although predicted grades were 3 a*'s and i think i would do well in my a levels.
my firm is currently exeter for law but tbh i dont wanna move out of london, and kinda wanna do politics instead.

what would be the likelyhood of getting into one of the london unis thru clearing for politics or is it still extremely difficult?
Have you contacted KCL to ask if they’ll reconsider your application for politics instead? They can technically reverse a rejection to a different course as long as you haven’t yet replied to your offers.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you contacted KCL to ask if they’ll reconsider your application for politics instead? They can technically reverse a rejection to a different course as long as you haven’t yet replied to your offers.

yeah, it was an automatic rejection since they didnt respond before the ucas deadline, and they said they cant hand out any more offers or make any exceptions since its too late
Why would anyone would want to go to KCL after their recent behaviour towards applicants.

Phone QMUL or City and ask about Clearing.
I wouldn’t wait for clearing if you know you don’t want to move out of London. Look into ucas extra first
Maybe take a gap year and reapply?
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Why would anyone would want to go to KCL after their recent behaviour towards applicants.

Phone QMUL or City and ask about Clearing.

doesnt change the fact that its a great uni tbh😭😭
Reply 7
Original post by H4ttie03
Maybe take a gap year and reapply?

yeahh that was what i was thinking, but then again i have absolutely no plans of what i would do during my gap year so i feel like if i manage to get in thru clearing would save me a lot of stress and time
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
I wouldn’t wait for clearing if you know you don’t want to move out of London. Look into ucas extra first

im not completely sure thats the thing, i dont wanna decline my offer from exeter since its a great uni and if i do end up going there i wouldnt mind too much, its just that if i manage to get the chance to stay in london by clearing then i deffo would
Original post by lzzzo
yeahh that was what i was thinking, but then again i have absolutely no plans of what i would do during my gap year so i feel like if i manage to get in thru clearing would save me a lot of stress and time

Yeah that's fair I'm in a similar situo to you got rejected everywhere for law except bristol but I don't want to go their and I'm doubting doing law anyway so I'm gonna take a gap year and reapply for another course
Reply 10
Original post by H4ttie03
Yeah that's fair I'm in a similar situo to you got rejected everywhere for law except bristol but I don't want to go their and I'm doubting doing law anyway so I'm gonna take a gap year and reapply for another course

exact same situation lol! good luck xx
Original post by lzzzo
exact same situation lol! good luck xx

Good luck to you too! I think def consider a gap year if ur not sure about the uni and the course
Politics with Economics at University of Bath is still open for both UK and International applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending