The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Language Paper 1 7702/1 - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level English Language Paper 1 7702/1 - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 25th May AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

How is everyone learning (revising) all of the content? There’s just SO much. Like I don’t think I could possibly remember it.
anybody know how to structure child language acquisition question or have any model answer, i understand the what to include in the intro but im confused to how to apply language levels,
Original post by Jai172004
anybody know how to structure child language acquisition question or have any model answer, i understand the what to include in the intro but im confused to how to apply language levels,

Check Alice Preece’s channel on YouTube. She also shared her notes in one of videos, I think it’s in the description. How are you preparing for the language and representations question?
Reply 4
Original post by Kara.e99
Check Alice Preece’s channel on YouTube. She also shared her notes in one of videos, I think it’s in the description. How are you preparing for the language and representations question?

She’s amazing! I actually have some notes I made from her videos (including the lanaguage and representations)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-6xxo_oXo_sibgo3yhAAjUllFzxCZFNT
I'm horrible at time management and every time I sit down and try to attempt to write under exam conditions I always go over the time limit. The exam is so near and I'm aware of the time limits set for each question but I just can't stop overthinking and taking my time.
I just can't help feeling robbed honestly, since there was no information on CLA at all. But, I'm just worried I may not actually get the main point that the text is trying to speak about and that'll mess up my representations for text analysis.
Original post by Kara.e99

ok thankyou im just trying to use my notes my teacher went over the structure but i still confused, and also there are normally two questions, written and spoken which one do you think is the easiest to understand and revise
Original post by Sav055
She’s amazing! I actually have some notes I made from her videos (including the lanaguage and representations)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-6xxo_oXo_sibgo3yhAAjUllFzxCZFNT

this is soo helpful thankyou, do you have any notes on CLA?
ok thankyou im just trying to use my notes my teacher went over the structure but i still confused, and also there are normally two questions, written and spoken which one do you think is the easiest to understand and revise

I'm probably not the best to answer this (because in my school they only taught us written) but I can give as much help on written as I can because I'm predicted an A or higher in Eng Lang
Does anyone know what they mean by opening chapter of a cookbook? Like the introduction, preface, recipe??
Original post by snugglewoo
Does anyone know what they mean by opening chapter of a cookbook? Like the introduction, preface, recipe??

I'm pretty sure it's NOT supposed to be a recipe, rather an introduction?? idk though don't take my word for it
Reply 12

My teacher only taught us spoken CLA so it's safe to say that you will get away with only revising that one (I hope...)
Can you actually revise Q 1,2,3 because I've done literally nothing. HELP
Original post by Jaysun1
Can you actually revise Q 1,2,3 because I've done literally nothing. HELP

Not really, it just depends on the text on the day
All you can do is stay calm remember to do the genre, audience etc and pick 3/4/5 (depending on time lol) topics that are being represented. The word classes and sentence structures are literally luck of the draw at this point
Good luck tomorrow! :smile:
its really difficult in the exam prioritse discourse and pragmatics as theyre rewarded more marks think about anything thats a pattern and try to make an evaluative comment.! youll smash it
i only know spoken CLA so
Original post by ruby_ca
My teacher only taught us spoken CLA so it's safe to say that you will get away with only revising that one (I hope...)

yh its the intro
Original post by MeowMeowSuperCat
I'm probably not the best to answer this (because in my school they only taught us written) but I can give as much help on written as I can because I'm predicted an A or higher in Eng Lang

oh ok imma just write what i can for spoken hopefully its a easy question
I just can't help feeling robbed honestly, since there was no information on CLA at all. But, I'm just worried I may not actually get the main point that the text is trying to speak about and that'll mess up my representations for text analysis.

same too dont worry as long as u write soemthing down you can still make up for the marks in the next paper

Quick Reply