The Student Room Group

Does anybody else really love whisky?

I'm beginning to build a repertoire of different whiskies over time and in the least addict-like way possible, I'm so excited for each new bottle. Maybe that's what being 17 is all about, but it's only 20 days until I'm 18 and then the restrictions of pre-adult life just dissolve like they weren't there in the first place.

Sometimes I go for rum (Captain Morgan's, but I've had Kraken run some time ago) or liqueur (Disaronno) but whisky is my sweet spot.

Since I don't have a thriving social circle, I guess trying different spirits is some sort of hobby (without having an unhealthy reliance on it).
I feel so so about whisky. A small cup wont hurt but all in moderation my friend.
Yes, I'm a fan of whiskey.
I prefer cognac.
But also enjoy rum, most spirits, amaretto and other liqueurs.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Yes, I'm a fan of whiskey.
I prefer cognac.
But also enjoy rum, most spirits, amaretto and other liqueurs.

I should really try brandy. Is it somewhat similar to whisky and rum?
I like rum best. I recently got a bottle of Jonah's Curse and it is so delicious - way better than Captain Morgan's.

Whisky is ok. I don't mind sitting on my friend's porch on a hot day with some sipping whisky. My friend buys the crazy expensive bottles as he's a bit of a connoisseur so I get to try the best.

In terms of non-sipping drinks, I love ginger beer with lime and either vodka, rum, or whisky. It work with any of them and is really great. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest