The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Maths Paper 3: Statistics & Mechanics 9MA0 03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level Maths Paper 3 exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 3: Statistics & Mechanics 9MA0 03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Statistics is probably the most boring maths content ever.
I just wanna put that out there lol.
Reply 2
I'm so worried about this paper we're so underpracticed in it at school!!
Reply 3
Original post by upomm1
I'm so worried about this paper we're so underpracticed in it at school!!

Use snap revise.
It will help you cover as much of the content as possible.
Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Original post by 2022 g
Use snap revise.
It will help you cover as much of the content as possible.
Hope this helps!

Oh ok! I'll try it out, I already usually use them for bio and chem. Thank you
how much of large data set do we actually need to know? also, this paper is going to be the end of me:frown:
i literally need a document that actually explains the large data set in detail because everytime, i think i understand it. a curveball is thrown.
Original post by orion reid
i literally need a document that actually explains the large data set in detail because everytime, i think i understand it. a curveball is thrown.

large data set is not on the advance info
Original post by Shambhavi.mohare
how much of large data set do we actually need to know? also, this paper is going to be the end of me:frown:

i assumed none of it, it ain't on the advance info?
Original post by ₩₳ĐⱫ
large data set is not on the advance info

oh yeah it's not, all this while I've been thinking it is.[post="97184290"]o[/post]r maybe it hasn't been put there explicitly and it could be used to form the foundation of some of the topics in the advanced info
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ₩₳ĐⱫ
i assumed none of it, it ain't on the advance info?

I can assure you it will definitely come up, it always does! :frown: With the AS Edexcel pure paper, people said that other than the advanced info topics they were given, other topics came up just worth a smaller amount of marks (like 5 marks and below)!
My teacher said if we followed the Advanced info for the maths papers we could get a grade A but for the A*, we will need to be ready for any sorts of questions (literally sucks) :frown:
Original post by Help_me_pleaseex
I can assure you it will definitely come up, it always does! :frown: With the AS Edexcel pure paper, people said that other than the advanced info topics they were given, other topics came up just worth a smaller amount of marks (like 5 marks and below)!

i was thinking of it and it seems some of the exam boards aren't exactly sticking to the advanced info
edexcel said this in the advanced info "the aim should still be to cover all specification content in teaching and learning."
(edited 1 year ago)
i was thinking of it and it seems some of the exam boards aren't exactly sticking to the advanced info
edexcel said this in the advanced info "the aim should still be to cover all specification content in teaching and learning."

Yup!:smile:
oh yeah it's not, all this while I've been thinking it is.[post="97184290"]o[/post]r maybe it hasn't been put there explicitly and it could be used to form the foundation of some of the topics in the advanced info

thats what im thinking, the large data set will be in the stats paper but more implicitly to test your stats skills such as bullet point two on the advanced info:
*Measures of central tendency and variation
this adds up with sample questions my teacher has been writing up (based on advanced info) there was one mean and standard deviation question about data on the large data set but I didn't have to actually interpret the data using my knowledge of the ldr.
Original post by ₩₳ĐⱫ
thats what im thinking, the large data set will be in the stats paper but more implicitly to test your stats skills such as bullet point two on the advanced info:
*Measures of central tendency and variation
this adds up with sample questions my teacher has been writing up (based on advanced info) there was one mean and standard deviation question about data on the large data set but I didn't have to actually interpret the data using my knowledge of the ldr.

oh i see
the LDS is 100% included in the advance information. edexcel tweeted about it here https://twitter.com/PearsonEdexcel/status/1491006862845698055.

"Hi
Our Maths experts have advised the following:

Knowledge of the LDS is assumed within the relevant topics on the Advanced Information.

I hope that helps, any further questions can be put direct to
@EmporiumMaths

Thanks."
(edited 1 year ago)
The large data set is the fattest scam in the world
Original post by 2022 g
Statistics is probably the most boring maths content ever.
I just wanna put that out there lol.

no. Statistics is very interesting and I find it to be the best maths discpline
Original post by RONALD OLUOCH
no. Statistics is very interesting and I find it to be the best maths discpline

Kudos to you for finding it interesting. I just find it so tedious to revise. Its just so draining and awful lmao. Its soo dead imo, but yeh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending