The Student Room Group

Heyyy :)

Hi! I’m kinda bored (again lol) so I thought I’d pop over here and see if anyone wanted to be friends.
I’m 15, year 10, they/them, bisexual, currently doing 9 GCSEs - anyone wanna chat?
Hello :smile:
How are you doing?
Original post by CloudyPenguin
Hello :smile:
How are you doing?

Hi, great to meet you! :smile:
I’m okay thank you, kinda tired and I’m not looking forward to school tomorrow but oh well :/
How are you?
Original post by RushingRiver
Hi, great to meet you! :smile:
I’m okay thank you, kinda tired and I’m not looking forward to school tomorrow but oh well :/
How are you?

I'm just like you lol
Tired and stressed from mocks
I'm just like you lol
Tired and stressed from mocks

Ahh you have mocks? :frown: I had some last month and I have some more next month. Good luck with those - which subjects do you take?
Hi! I’m kinda bored (again lol) so I thought I’d pop over here and see if anyone wanted to be friends.
I’m 15, year 10, they/them, bisexual, currently doing 9 GCSEs - anyone wanna chat?

hola! I'm in the year above youuu, my pronouns are she/her/hers and im asexual! and im also doing 9 gcses!! hruu? <3
Original post by glitteryma_
hola! I'm in the year above youuu, my pronouns are she/her/hers and im asexual! and im also doing 9 gcses!! hruu? <3

Hi! :biggrin: That’s awesome, are you doing your exams now then? What subjects did you pick?
I’m okay thanks - tired though, and dreading school :redface: How are you? :smile:
Ahh you have mocks? :frown: I had some last month and I have some more next month. Good luck with those - which subjects do you take?

The only ones that I chose were computer studies and geography
What about you? (Good luck for it mocks next month btw)
Hi! :biggrin: That’s awesome, are you doing your exams now then? What subjects did you pick?
I’m okay thanks - tired though, and dreading school :redface: How are you? :smile:

yep! i have eng lit tomorrow sadly
I picked Triple Science, Computer Science (my dad forced me lol), History and French
aw thats good! make sure you rest well, and aha dont we all
Im okay :smile:
The only ones that I chose were computer studies and geography
What about you? (Good luck for it mocks next month btw)

I’m doing geography, Spanish, business, and graphic design. I wanted to take further maths but my teacher is taking so long to sort it out that I think it’ll be too late to complete the curriculum and walk out with a decent grade, which is a shame cause I adore maths.
Do you enjoy the subjects you picked?
I picked Triple Science, Computer Science (my dad forced me lol), History and French

Ohh, good luck! How have things gone so far? I’m predicted 9s in English but idk, lit freaks me out cause of all the poems and books they expect you to remember :s-smilie:
I’ve got an eng lang paper 2 mock next month - any idea what sort of questions will come up? Paper 1 is awesome, I loved it, but I have no idea what to expect for this one.
Ohh, good luck! How have things gone so far? I’m predicted 9s in English but idk, lit freaks me out cause of all the poems and books they expect you to remember :s-smilie:
I’ve got an eng lang paper 2 mock next month - any idea what sort of questions will come up? Paper 1 is awesome, I loved it, but I have no idea what to expect for this one.

they've gone alright really apart from maths, that q 21 oh my days
ahh same im predicted 9s in both englishes, i prefer lang more because you're able to finesse your interpratations more obviously because its an unseen extract. Yeah lit is really overwhemling, I'm so glad for my gcses we got to knock a topic off this year so i only have 3 to revise
Ahh eng land paper 2 is always the hardest, i'd say work on scoring the highest on the article writing because thats always where you can gain the most of your marks, has your teacher not gone over the different qs and how you answer them?
they've gone alright really apart from maths, that q 21 oh my days
ahh same im predicted 9s in both englishes, i prefer lang more because you're able to finesse your interpratations more obviously because its an unseen extract. Yeah lit is really overwhemling, I'm so glad for my gcses we got to knock a topic off this year so i only have 3 to revise
Ahh eng land paper 2 is always the hardest, i'd say work on scoring the highest on the article writing because thats always where you can gain the most of your marks, has your teacher not gone over the different qs and how you answer them?

What was the question?
I’d love to take lang as an a level, honestly, it’s so much fun!
Wait.. article..? Damn. I’m not gonna get a 9 first try then :lol: No, we’ve never done that before, and he hasn’t gone over the questions yet. I’ll aim low for paper 2 and just work on improving once I know what the questions are like - thanks for the heads up!
What was the question?
I’d love to take lang as an a level, honestly, it’s so much fun!
Wait.. article..? Damn. I’m not gonna get a 9 first try then :lol: No, we’ve never done that before, and he hasn’t gone over the questions yet. I’ll aim low for paper 2 and just work on improving once I know what the questions are like - thanks for the heads up!

ah if you google edexcel maths paper 1 q21 you'll see all sorts of questions, it was an awful question with like overlapping circles and not even any of the grade 9 students in my class understood it
Wow thats quite unfair considering you've done no exam technique for Paper 2, okay well I have the perfect solution; theres this youtuber called 'Mr salles' who does really good english lang videos as well as lit and he does all the grade 9 content, like literally he was my life support for english all throught yr 10 and even now in yr 11 he is genuinely awesome, so i do reccommened him, also if you don't like his teacher style; 'Mr Bruff' or 'Mr Everything English' are also really good resources. best of luck!!
ah if you google edexcel maths paper 1 q21 you'll see all sorts of questions, it was an awful question with like overlapping circles and not even any of the grade 9 students in my class understood it
Wow thats quite unfair considering you've done no exam technique for Paper 2, okay well I have the perfect solution; theres this youtuber called 'Mr salles' who does really good english lang videos as well as lit and he does all the grade 9 content, like literally he was my life support for english all throught yr 10 and even now in yr 11 he is genuinely awesome, so i do reccommened him, also if you don't like his teacher style; 'Mr Bruff' or 'Mr Everything English' are also really good resources. best of luck!!

Ohhh yikes, I’m grade 7 atm but that’s a terrifying question :lol:
Thank you so much, you’re a life saver! I’ll check those out tomorrow :smile:
I’m doing geography, Spanish, business, and graphic design. I wanted to take further maths but my teacher is taking so long to sort it out that I think it’ll be too late to complete the curriculum and walk out with a decent grade, which is a shame cause I adore maths.
Do you enjoy the subjects you picked?

Not really.I do enjoy geography but I find computing very boring compared to what I thought it would be like.Do you enjoy it subjects?
Not really.I do enjoy geography but I find computing very boring compared to what I thought it would be like.Do you enjoy it subjects?

I enjoy geography enough to do geography club after school :tongue: Business is too easy, so I guess I like being able to relax and not stress but I find it very boring. Spanish is okay - the grammar is so fun but there’s a lot of vocab to learn which is a bit off putting. Graphics is… eh. In lesson, it’s nice cause I can just put in headphones and draw for an hour solid. Although, there’s a lot of homework, tight deadlines, and it’s very high pressure, so I do kind of regret picking it. Wish I’d gone for sociology instead.

What do you do in computing?

got english lit tomorrow as well, good luck!!
also how did you find french? :smile:

Quick Reply