Poll

How did this exam go for you?

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May AM
Length: 2h15

Scroll to see replies

Anyone sitting route E?
Just wanna say good luck my dudes :cool:
(edited 1 year ago)
What are we predicting for tomorrow's paper?
I'm studying 1E: Lenin to Yeltsin.

I'm thinking possibly some early years questions like:
How accurate is it to say that the Communist government became increasingly centralised in the period 1918-28?
How far did the fundamental features of Communist government change in the years 1921-53?

Then some economics, probs NEP:
How far do you agree that the most significant influence on Communist economic policy in the years 1917 to 1928 was the need to retain political power?
How accurate is it to say that the principal reason for the survival of Communist rule in the Soviet Union in the years 1917-28 was the introduction of the NEP?

People control:
How far do you agree that personality cults were the main reason for the stability of Soviet society in the years 1928-85?
How far was government control over the lives of the people maintained in the years 1918-53?
To what extent were the cultural developments of the 1920s suppressed by Stalin’s regime?

Then women/family, as all else if not on Advanced info:
How accurate is it to say that there were major changes in the Communist family policy in the years 1918-85?
To what extent was there a genuine improvement in the position of women in the Soviet Union in the years 1953-85?

Then the collapse:
Basically, to what extent was ___ the main factor in the collapse.
Gorbachev factor
Yeltsin factor
Inherent economic weaknesses
Failed economic reform
Failed party/political reform
Nationalist resurgence
Original post by dantheman02

How accurate is it to say that the Communist government became increasingly centralised in the period 1918-28?
How far did the fundamental features of Communist government change in the years 1921-53?

How far do you agree that the most significant influence on Communist economic policy in the years 1917 to 1928 was the need to retain political power?
How accurate is it to say that the principal reason for the survival of Communist rule in the Soviet Union in the years 1917-28 was the introduction of the NEP?

People control:
How far do you agree that personality cults were the main reason for the stability of Soviet society in the years 1928-85?
How far was government control over the lives of the people maintained in the years 1918-53?
To what extent were the cultural developments of the 1920s suppressed by Stalin’s regime?

How accurate is it to say that there were major changes in the Communist family policy in the years 1918-85?
To what extent was there a genuine improvement in the position of women in the Soviet Union in the years 1953-85?

Then the collapse:
Gorbachev factor
Yeltsin factor
Failed economic reform
Nationalist resurgence

Hey I think the economics question will cover a longer period- Lenin AND Stalin…..or even just Stalin because the 2021 exam question was 1917-28
Anyone doing Germany? And any predictions for the paper? I just hope economy doesn’t come up
Original post by marghe.sacchi14
Hey I think the economics question will cover a longer period- Lenin AND Stalin…..or even just Stalin because the 2021 exam question was 1917-28

Good spot! Thanks.
Thanks for making this thread btw, I’ve been seeing aqa history threads only
Looking at the advance information once again, I've just got a feeling we're going to have a:

or

What do you think?
Also - I'm not the best with structuring the Paper 1 Section C question on historical interpretations.
How many paragraphs do you do / how do you structure them?
Obviously and intro and conclusion at start and end, but do you have one paragraph analysing Extract 1 and another analysing Extract 2? Or do you go for 4 paragraphs looking at different factors, and then work E1/E2 quotes into them simultaneously?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Also - I'm not the best with structuring the Paper 1 Section C question on historical interpretations.
Obviously and intro and conclusion at start and end, but do you have one paragraph analysing Extract 1 and another analysing Extract 2? Or do you go for 4 paragraphs looking at different factors, and then work E1/E2 quotes into them simultaneously?

edexcel usually post examiners comments for every option with band 5 responses so you can see how they like it structured.
As long as you can balance attention between both interpretations I don’t think they’re too bothered though.
Original post by _b26
Date/Time: Thursday 26th May AM
Length: 2h15

Is anyone doing option 1H Britain transformed? 💔
Do other people also find the breadth part of the course much worse?
I'm doing 1C (Tudors) and 2J (American Civil War).
I just think that the depth study is much more interesting because there is a lot of detail about events and people, and you can clearly follow the links between events. Meanwhile the breadth study involves studying a ton of small events without many specifics, and it just doesn't feel like I actually know the time period.
Although, maybe it's just because the Tudors are 400 years ago, and they had very little accurate recording of information.

People control:

Then the collapse:
Gorbachev factor
Yeltsin factor
Failed economic reform
Nationalist resurgence

I believe the questions you listed under economics are section 1 questions. One of the past papers had a question in NEP for the establishing the regime section, then another question on industry I think it was 53-85

A structure I have found success using, and that the examiners' report supports, is first paragraph on the factor in the question and how both sources support, then a paragraph more linking to your personal reason for the downfall. It should just flow, and as someone else said, they do not seem to really care about structure, more the content
anyone doing option 1a on the crusades?

I haven’t really had practise on section C but looking at the a* examples, I’d say do an intro, then separate paragraphs focussing on the extracts, then criticise the one you disagree with in a separate paragraph then a conclusion.. that’s the structure I’m going with

Q: Do we have to criticise both extracts?
Original post by shan.17
anyone doing option 1a on the crusades?

I am, I'm really hoping they give us nice questions
Original post by ughexams123
I am, I'm really hoping they give us nice questions

what dy think might come up. dont think a specific focus on saladin may come up cuz they did in 2018
Original post by shan.17
what dy think might come up. dont think a specific focus on saladin may come up cuz they did in 2018

I'm thinking (hopefully) there will be one question on reasons for crusading as they seem to do one every year. I think the section C might be on alexius and the byzantines because that hasn't come up yet. I would also like a question comparing saladin and outremer/europe but I'm not really sure. I feel like there must be something on saladin for them to exclusively put that bit of the topic in the advanced info.

Quick Reply

Latest