The Student Room Group

Can i study psychology?

Hey i wanna be a counselling therapist i do the subjects psychology, law and art , can i do that with these subjects or do university’s only look at grades?? Thankss
Reply 1
I would look at the university's website that you want to go to because they often tell you!
Reply 2
Original post by NRRN
Hey i wanna be a counselling therapist i do the subjects psychology, law and art , can i do that with these subjects or do university’s only look at grades?? Thankss

You would need to look at entry requirements for specific courses. Also, be aware that psychology and counselling/ psychotherapy are 2 different fields with different career paths.
Original post by NRRN

Hi! Different university courses have different requirements - some may ask for specific courses in addition to grades, and others may ask for grades only. I would recommend looking at different course requirements online for the universities/courses you're interested in :smile:

If you are unsure about any courses and their requirements, you can always contact the university itself to enquire more specifically.

I hope that helps!

-Claire
Reply 4
Original post by HWU StudentRep 1
Hi! Different university courses have different requirements - some may ask for specific courses in addition to grades, and others may ask for grades only. I would recommend looking at different course requirements online for the universities/courses you're interested in :smile:

If you are unsure about any courses and their requirements, you can always contact the university itself to enquire more specifically.

I hope that helps!

-Claire

Thank youu
Reply 5
Original post by Nerol
You would need to look at entry requirements for specific courses. Also, be aware that psychology and counselling/ psychotherapy are 2 different fields with different career paths.

Ah thanks for the head up!
Reply 6
Original post by JAH36
I would look at the university's website that you want to go to because they often tell you!

Ah will do! Tyy

Quick Reply

Latest