The Student Room Group

Faking grades

My parents have said I need 7's & 8's for them to allow me to enter 6th form, however the requirements is a 4 for maths and a 5 in english, I know im not getting 7 & 8's, but I am getting the minimum for my conditional offer, I am going to edit my grades and give them that so they will be fine with me enrolling in 6th form, is there a way they would find out my actual grades via a website or by emailing someone, (I know how to edit the results paper so im just going to print the edited one and I know how to permanently edit a webpage for all IP's connected to a router)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why on earth would they not let you in? Even if you got the minimum, which would allow you entry, would they still stop you?
No, do not do this.

You can enroll yourself into sixth form, what will they do?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
There thought process is that A-Levels is 100x harder (which it is), so there saying you will find it to hard if you get mediocre grades, however its my A-Levels not theirs and I haven't revised for GCSE's but I will for A levels
Original post by Leon H
Why on earth would they not let you in? Even if you got the minimum, which would allow you entry, would they still stop you?
Original post by UsersInp
My parents have said I need 7's & 8's for them to allow me to enter 6th form, however the requirements is a 4 for maths and a 5 in english, I know im not getting 7 & 8's, but I am getting the minimum for my conditional offer, I am going to edit my grades and give them that so they will be fine with me enrolling in 6th form, is there a way they would find out my actual grades via a website or by emailing someone, (I know how to edit the results paper so im just going to print the edited one and I know how to permanently edit a webpage for all IP's connected to a router)

you'll get official certificates for your GCSEs and that'll have your official grades on it. The best thing is to either work hard to get 7s and 8s or talk to your parents about how you've already met your conditions for your offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Imperviousness
No, do not do this.

You can enroll yourself into sixth form, what will they do?

threatening to kick me out, moreover I want to avoid confrontation and they will also tell the "story" with their 1 sided view to everyone I know
threatening to kick me out, moreover I want to avoid confrontation and they will also tell the "story" with their 1 sided view to everyone I know

Geez, your parents sound narcissistic and abusive. Can you talk to someone at school about this? They can't stop you from pursuing education just because you're not up to their standards, even though you have the grades.
Reply 7
Original post by Aathira N
you'll get official certificates for your GCSEs and that'll have your official grades on it. The best thing is to either work hard to get 7s and 8s or talk to your parents about how you've already met your conditions for your offer.

Yea, im going to go to the libary straight after to digitally edit it, I've also done like 1/2 of my GCSE's already, and they aren't going to make a compimise
Reply 8

I'm sorry to hear that, there is definitely some underlying issues going on. I hope it works out
so what are your parents suggesting you do next year? You have to be in some form of education until you're 18
The college will verify your results. Either via your certificates or online via your ULN. They're not just going to take your word for it.
Reply 11
Original post by Imperviousness
Geez, your parents sound narcissistic and abusive. Can you talk to someone at school about this? They can't stop you from pursuing education just because you're not up to their standards, even though you have the grades.

It sounds bad in writing but its really not, they are only doing it out of love as they dont want me to "Flop" A-Levels

Your parents are right that A levels are harder. Usually students who struggle with GCSEs will definitely find A levels harder. There is a huge misconception that just because it's only 3 subjects, its easier to revise or the work is more enjoyable but that's not always the case. You say you will revise for A levels but bear in mind that A levels build upon GCSEs and you should be revising for GCSEs as good unis expect good GCSE grades as well. There's really no point lying about your grades, pretty sure your parents can find about the results if they call your school anyway.
Reply 13
Yea, im going to go to the libary straight after to digitally edit it, I've also done like 1/2 of my GCSE's already, and they aren't going to make a compimise

If I was you, Id speak to your tutors about this

Legally you have to be in education or training until you are 18. What do they 'plan' you do?
Reply 15
Original post by Admit-One
The college will verify your results. Either via your certificates or online via your ULN. They're not just going to take your word for it.

I think your missing the point, my grades are good enough for my 6th forms minimum conditional offer however its not for my parents own "standards"
Original post by dh33r4j_d
Your parents are right that A levels are harder. Usually students who struggle with GCSEs will definitely find A levels harder. There is a huge misconception that just because it's only 3 subjects, its easier to revise or the work is more enjoyable but that's not always the case. You say you will revise for A levels but bear in mind that A levels build upon GCSEs and you should be revising for GCSEs as good unis expect good GCSE grades as well. There's really no point lying about your grades, pretty sure your parents can find about the results if they call your school anyway.

i dont think the schools are allowed to give the to parents without permission
I think your missing the point, my grades are good enough for my 6th forms minimum conditional offer however its not for my parents own "standards"

No, you've missed my point. They'll verify your grades regardless of whether you exceed the minimum requirements or not.

Are you planning on amending your ULN record as well? With hacking skills like that you probably don't need to worry about A-Levels or HE in general.
Smh they're lunatics. I got B's at GCSE and everything went fine. You don't need to get A/A* equivalents at GCSE to do well at A-Level/Uni.
(*I'm guessing that a 7/8 is an A/A*???)
Reply 19
Its like A+ to a A*

Original post by Callicious
Smh they're lunatics. I got B's at GCSE and everything went fine. You don't need to get A/A* equivalents at GCSE to do well at A-Level/Uni.
(*I'm guessing that a 7/8 is an A/A*???)

Quick Reply

Latest