The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (options A to L) 7042/1J - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (options A to L) 7042/1J - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

any question predictions? I only remember India's events from 1914-1947 ?:/
Reply 2
Hi, there could be an essay question on Africa 1857-1890
I think potentially, maybe an extract on policy in India and Africa from 1857-1890 but I honestly can't remember any dates in Africa from 1857-1890 yikes
it's mostly aimed at relations with boers and bantus so know ur wars I suppose ?
Original post by 15hh
Hi, there could be an essay question on Africa 1857-1890
Reply 4
An extract on 1857-1890 would be okay .there might be an essay on trade and commerce 1890-1914
Anyone doing tudors 1C?
that wouldn't surprise me, though it hurts to remember all of those little things haha
Original post by 15hh
An extract on 1857-1890 would be okay .there might be an essay on trade and commerce 1890-1914
Original post by Anonymous #289
Anyone doing tudors 1C?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7190381 here's the thread for that!
I assume that the extract question will be Trade and Commerce 1890-1914 because on the advanced information it is by itself and I can't imagine writing a whole Section B essay on Imperial Preference?

Original post by bookausten
I think potentially, maybe an extract on policy in India and Africa from 1857-1890 but I honestly can't remember any dates in Africa from 1857-1890 yikes
it's mostly aimed at relations with boers and bantus so know ur wars I suppose ?
Reply 9
Yeah I think the extract might be on trade and commerce 1890-1914 and that might include informal empire as well.
Reply 10
What about 1947-1967 what do we think that might be on ?
Original post by 15hh
What about 1947-1967 what do we think that might be

Not sure, I'm guessing a question on either Commonwealth and/or Suez Crisis because Trade and Commerce 1947-1967; Colonial Policy 1947-1967 and Post Colonial Ties all involve the Commonwealth to some extent. I could easily be wrong though.
Reply 12
That sounds like a good idea for an essay ,what about 1914 to 1947 could it be on India ?
Definitely a possibility but there's also trade in unit three so maybe a change/continuity essay on the impact of the wars? I wonder what unit three's question would even be
Original post by Bucklingpuppy11
I assume that the extract question will be Trade and Commerce 1890-1914 because on the advanced information it is by itself and I can't imagine writing a whole Section B essay on Imperial Preference?
Definitely a possibility but there's also trade in unit three so maybe a change/continuity essay on the impact of the wars? I wonder what unit three's question would even be

Impact of wars seems likely, as encompasses pretty much the whole of Unit 3. I am not sure if it is going to go into great detail about Indian Nationalism due to the fact that Role of Individuals isn't coming up.

Thank you :smile:
perhaps! I haven't a clue how to predict these things haha, I hope Indian nationalism does appear somewhere because I remember a lot from it, it might discuss how Britain ruled instead of the role of individuals maybe?
Original post by Bucklingpuppy11
Impact of wars seems likely, as encompasses pretty much the whole of Unit 3. I am not sure if it is going to go into great detail about Indian Nationalism due to the fact that Role of Individuals isn't coming up.
A question from India could be like "Britain's failure to keep India was mainly due to Colonial Policy Discuss the extent to this view between the years of 1914-1947" I hope it is something like that
perhaps! I haven't a clue how to predict these things haha, I hope Indian nationalism does appear somewhere because I remember a lot from it, it might discuss how Britain ruled instead of the role of individuals maybe?
Reply 18
That would be a really good question and I hope that come up .I feel like there hasn’t been a essay questions on mandates and Domitian which makes me think there could be one

The african war stuff is so small tho like its hard to write about

Quick Reply

Latest