The Student Room Group

English literature- disappointed

I am really upset and disappointed about my English literature paper today, I don’t feel like it went very well. Doesn’t anyone else feel the same? What can I do to help me feel better about it?

Scroll to see replies

i feel like this too.

Original post by Rice Crispy
I am really upset and disappointed about my English literature paper today, I don’t feel like it went very well. Doesn’t anyone else feel the same? What can I do to help me feel better about it?
Original post by weriCRYS
i feel like this too.

at least I’m not the only one :/
what was the thing that was disappointing? was it lack of time or did you have ideas but you didnt know how to fit it?
I did inspector calls and christmas carol and i think both question were incredibly harsh way worse than any other year the grade boundary’s will be very very low
Original post by sxphielol
I did inspector calls and christmas carol and i think both question were incredibly harsh way worse than any other year the grade boundary’s will be very very low

also don’t worry too much, in my exam some people found it so hard they just went to sleep they’ll always be ppl worse than you
basically for me i had literally 3 quotes scattered everywhere in my essay i picked the theme question and didnt get to write about specific characters.
the questions were easy dont get me wrong but my performance was not good and i was hoping to get grade 8 or 9.
(edited 1 year ago)
what was the thing that was disappointing? was it lack of time or did you have ideas but you didnt know how to fit it?

Both, I literally just managed to scribble down a quick conclusion for both papers and neither theme/character fit to what I was planning to write about, my mind kinda just went into overdrive and I just wrote down a mess of words and concepts that I really don’t think will be followable for the examiner. I just feel that I’ve put so much work in for English lit as it is (especially this paper) what I’ve been most worried about so I’m upset that I feel like the time I’ve spent on it has been wasted. How about you?
unless someone can tell me its possible to get grade 9 just from paper 2 :sigh:
also don’t worry too much, in my exam some people found it so hard they just went to sleep they’ll always be ppl worse than you

I guess so, I’m sure it will be fine, just not what I was hoping. (I want a 6/7) I don’t think that I fitted out all the things necessary to achieve those grades.
(Original post by Rice Crispy)Both, I literally just managed to scribble down a quick conclusion for both papers and neither theme/character fit to what I was planning to write about, my mind kinda just went into overdrive and I just wrote down a mess of words and concepts that I really don’t think will be followable for the examiner. I just feel that I’ve put so much work in for English lit as it is (especially this paper) what I’ve been most worried about so I’m upset that I feel like the time I’ve spent on it has been wasted. How about you?

i literally revised hard for english lit, about the thesis and conclusion, didnt get to edit my thesis and didnt get to even write my conclusion.
basically for me i had literally 3 quotes scattered everywhere in my essay i picked the theme question and didnt get to write about specific characters.
the questions were easy dont get me wrong but my performance was not good and i was hoping to get grade 8 or 9.

I’d originally hoped for this too, if it all went well this is what I’d like to achieve but after todays exam I feel I will be lucky to achieve a grade 6
I guess so, I’m sure it will be fine, just not what I was hoping. (I want a 6/7) I don’t think that I fitted out all the things necessary to achieve those grades.

if you want a 6 or 7 then its 100% possible for paper 2. trust me if you do well on paper 2 you'll definitely get that grade, however not sure about my desired grade :doh:
(edited 1 year ago)

Do you think the grade boundaries are different for different exam boards? I was on educas I pretty sure our school is one of the only ones because everyone else seems to be on Aqa/edexel
(Original post by Rice Crispy)Both, I literally just managed to scribble down a quick conclusion for both papers and neither theme/character fit to what I was planning to write about, my mind kinda just went into overdrive and I just wrote down a mess of words and concepts that I really don’t think will be followable for the examiner. I just feel that I’ve put so much work in for English lit as it is (especially this paper) what I’ve been most worried about so I’m upset that I feel like the time I’ve spent on it has been wasted. How about you?

i literally revised hard for english lit, about the thesis and conclusion, didnt get to edit my thesis and didnt get to even write my conclusion.

I’ll try not to worry too much and so should you, we should revise for our next exams and make sure we make eng lit p2 our best exam ever
I’ll try not to worry too much and so should you, we should revise for our next exams and make sure we make eng lit p2 our best exam ever

yes we both can do it :angry: :'''')
Do you think the grade boundaries are different for different exam boards? I was on educas I pretty sure our school is one of the only ones because everyone else seems to be on Aqa/edexel

yes i think so. but i do aqa

yes
half my year slept and 'finished' the paper 20 mins earlier.... i didnt even get to finish or read over my work ..

i'm sorry it didn't go well :frown: but honestly everything is still to play for - in my recent mocks i flopped paper 1 and smashed paper 2 and i still ended up with a top grade. paper 2 could be way better! it sucks when you know you could do better but sometimes exams are just crap. hope you're ok <3
Original post by jodiswellcool
i'm sorry it didn't go well :frown: but honestly everything is still to play for - in my recent mocks i flopped paper 1 and smashed paper 2 and i still ended up with a top grade. paper 2 could be way better! it sucks when you know you could do better but sometimes exams are just crap. hope you're ok <3

Thank you, your lovely comment is appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest