The Student Room Group

revison

does anyone have any really good revision techniques (that save time while making sure you're learning the content to the maximum without getting tired)
i know all about active recall (blurting, flashcards, spaced repetition, past papers) but i'm wondering if there's anything else that i'm missing
also has anyone got some weird study tricks that worked for them
Original post by ArizonaRobbins
does anyone have any really good revision techniques (that save time while making sure you're learning the content to the maximum without getting tired)
i know all about active recall (blurting, flashcards, spaced repetition, past papers) but i'm wondering if there's anything else that i'm missing
also has anyone got some weird study tricks that worked for them

well, to learn small crucial info, like theories and laws or definitions, I just read the thing I need to learn 10 times, say it ten times and then write it down once. Ofc it takes a long time but it is so so so effective. btw whilst learning the other things, repeat the prev thing learnt and then repeat if you can't remember.

tell me if it works for you- it has changed my life!
Original post by rabidzebra
well, to learn small crucial info, like theories and laws or definitions, I just read the thing I need to learn 10 times, say it ten times and then write it down once. Ofc it takes a long time but it is so so so effective. btw whilst learning the other things, repeat the prev thing learnt and then repeat if you can't remember.

tell me if it works for you- it has changed my life!

thank you! i'll try it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest