The Student Room Group

Edexcel Further Maths Core Pure 1 2022

How did everyone find that? I thought It went really well

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was pretty good.
Made a few silly mistakes but apart from that.
I predicted SHM would be on it !!!
Original post by PhysicsG
I thought it was pretty good.
Made a few silly mistakes but apart from that.
I predicted SHM would be on it !!!

I mean grade boundaries will be quite high
Reply 3
Original post by Student 999

We haven't seen the second paper yet👀
Original post by Student 999

I know !
Reply 5
Assuming all papers are of this difficulty then I'd guess grade boundaries would be around low 80's for a*. An increase from 2019 but not too much because more people are going to get a* from then
Reply 6
Did anyone else get 10.43 cm^3 for the paperweight vol of revolution question. Was there a conversion needed into cm^3 or was it in the right unit anyways?
Original post by M249
Did anyone else get 10.43 cm^3 for the paperweight vol of revolution question. Was there a conversion needed into cm^3 or was it in the right unit anyways?

I got 24.56cm^3
Reply 8
The last question was not on the advance information?? Like I never even learn simple harmonic motion
For the last question I got alpha = -0.662. Is that right?
Original post by M249
The last question was not on the advance information?? Like I never even learn simple harmonic motion

it is under second order differential equations which was on the advanced information
Original post by WildTeacup444

I got 0.2 something
What would everyone say in terms of the amount of marks they think they lost in that paper?
What would everyone say in terms of the amount of marks they think they lost in that paper?

around 10
Reply 14

6 ish I think

I got that
Original post by dev34567
I got that

Apparently it’s wrong. You need to make it positive because it’s a scalar or something? I’m not entirely sure.
Apparently it’s wrong. You need to make it positive because it’s a scalar or something? I’m not entirely sure.

Yeah you have to make alpha positive and then you can say for the part after that model is accurate since it gives similar value for alpha.
Original post by dev34567
Yeah you have to make alpha positive and then you can say for the part after that model is accurate since it gives similar value for alpha.

I don’t get how you can just randomly make it positive tho
I am dreading paper 2 because it will probably be hard as this paper was very easy

Quick Reply

Latest