The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Paper 1

How did you find the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone is saying it was easy but I though the multiple choice was kind of hard. What did you get for current ratio?
Multiple choice was hard, and I defo got current ratio wrong I didn't know what to include I think I got like 2.89
1.37 for current ratio
87.6 for payable days
8.5 inventory turnover
may be wrong
Original post by eleanorj0008
Multiple choice was hard, and I defo got current ratio wrong I didn't know what to include I think I got like 2.89

I thought it was alright. Forgot to answer a multiple choice question and I knew what the answer was but as the examiner went to pick the paper I turned to the question so didn’t get to answer it. 25 markers were decent. 9 markers were alright. For current ratio I got 25/19:1, other people got like 105/69:1. They included everything but I only included receivables and inventory divided by payables and overdraft.
I got 1.26:1 but I think it's wrong, what did you get for inventory turnover? I got 6.25 and 87.6 for payable days

edit: just realised I did total assets/total liabilties not current assets/current liabilities, but wrote out the correct formula and expressed the answer to 1, how many marks will I lose?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Max_2004
I thought it was alright. Forgot to answer a multiple choice question and I knew what the answer was but as the examiner went to pick the paper I turned to the question so didn’t get to answer it. 25 markers were decent. 9 markers were alright. For current ratio I got 25/19:1, other people got like 105/69:1. They included everything but I only included receivables and inventory divided by payables and overdraft.

I did the same 25/19 :1
I got 6.25 and 88 days
Original post by YABOY12345
1.37 for current ratio
87.6 for payable days
8.5 inventory turnover
may be wrong

I got 87.6 for payables days too, but for inventory turnover I got 6.25 (50/8) and for current I got 25/19 so like 1.3157…
I got 87.6 for payables days too, but for inventory turnover I got 6.25 (50/8) and for current I got 25/19 so like 1.3157…

Yup i got the same answers
Payable days = payables/cos
inventory turnover = cos/inventory
CR= CA/CL CA: inventory and receivables CL: overdraft and payables

i just checked my calculator and my answer of 6.25 is still there , hopefully i wrote that because i cannot remember 😂😭, i think i rounded up to 1.32 aswell , literally cannot remember
(edited 1 year ago)
what happens if you don’t shade the lozenge to indicate what essays you chose?
I am worrying about my multiple choice can anyone tell us the answers please 😭
what did people think of the first question?
Reply 14
Original post by susuackerman
what happens if you don’t shade the lozenge to indicate what essays you chose?

Doesn’t matter the examiner should figure it out
Original post by yaboy12345
1.37 for current ratio
87.6 for payable days
8.5 inventory turnover
may be wrong

yes i got wxactly tagt
For the last 25 marker on flexible contracts does anyone know if u have to link to ethics as I didnt think it was a main demand of the question. The question was just 'should all businesses avoid flexible contracts'
Original post by ji03333
For the last 25 marker on flexible contracts does anyone know if u have to link to ethics as I didnt think it was a main demand of the question. The question was just 'should all businesses avoid flexible contracts'

i mean i did that too tbf. wait what did you write. i wrote about zero hours contracts and how its bad that they can be called in either hardly ir too much and they can be demotivated and i put its dependent on the size of the firm cus if theyre big like tesco theres always people to cver it but if its small like a local bookstore they cant
Original post by sophia2607
i mean i did that too tbf. wait what did you write. i wrote about zero hours contracts and how its bad that they can be called in either hardly ir too much and they can be demotivated and i put its dependent on the size of the firm cus if theyre big like tesco theres always people to cver it but if its small like a local bookstore they cant

i wrote flexible working is good as working from home is motivational and part time workers can help meet seasonal demand. but a seasonal workforce means there are high recruitment costs and overall a less skilled and experienced workforce
Original post by ji03333
i wrote flexible working is good as working from home is motivational and part time workers can help meet seasonal demand. but a seasonal workforce means there are high recruitment costs and overall a less skilled and experienced workforce

yh ive done it so wrong 😭😭😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest