The Student Room Group

AQA Business A Level Paper 1 2022

Hi Everyone,

Business Paper 1 is tomorrow and I've tried to cover as much as I can given seen the advanced information. Yet, with most business papers, enough revision is never enough. There's always something that comes up that'll take you by surprise and that's where my worries are at the moment.

Which topics is everyone going through? And what methods of revision does everyone find helpful?

I'm going to try to memorise my equations tonight.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
we got like maybe 6 hours until this test, i recommend you spend half of that blurting

get a few A4 sheets of paper, at the start of each new one write topic 1 - 9, then closed book write everything you possibly can onto that bit of paper about that unit (i do bullet points, definitions, models, theories, calculations etc..) once you completed a unit and you dont think you could add any more, open your notes or book and add the things you got wrong or forgot to add.

do this for every unit, you have to strengthen your recursive learning skills e.g bringing it out of your mind over putting it back in
share your answers
Reply 3
I personally found section A harder than usual. Section B was a blessing and so was section C
what did everyone get for the calculations? i got 6.75, 1.52 and 87.6 days. worried i’ve got them all wrong! I know i should’ve rounded up the days now will i lose a mark for that? Also worried I messed up the multiple choice I guessed quite a few can anyone remember any and what they put? Well done guys tho one down two to go
Original post by vienna.costello
what did everyone get for the calculations? i got 6.75, 1.52 and 87.6 days. worried i’ve got them all wrong! I know i should’ve rounded up the days now will i lose a mark for that? Also worried I messed up the multiple choice I guessed quite a few can anyone remember any and what they put? Well done guys tho one down two to go

I got the 10 for inventory turnover but I definitely did it wrong as I used revenue instead of costs on the top line, and I got 1.52:1 for the ratio and 87.6 days too! For the mcq on Kaplan and Norton’s the research and development spending I did put learning and growth then changed it to financial at the end for some reason but now I think it was learning growth, what did people put for that?
Reply 6
MCQ were easy enough some i struggled on

the calculations were stuffed for me, i got 6.75 for inventory turnover but i put payables / revenue not costs getting like 55 days. no idea if i got the current ratio right as i put revenue + inventories + receivables as current assets and payables + overdraft for the liabilities i got something like 5.5:1

9 markers were more easy than hard - labour over capital process was a life saver, span of control again easy

for 25 markers i chose the e-commerce one and financial function one - i think i did decently structure was on point however the points did drag on i cant lie i couldn't think of a vast number of counters for both

overall i think it was medium difficulty leaning towards the easy end, i think i got 60% ish right, one down two to go
Reply 7
Original post by jjxton
MCQ were easy enough some i struggled on

the calculations were stuffed for me, i got 6.75 for inventory turnover but i put payables / revenue not costs getting like 55 days. no idea if i got the current ratio right as i put revenue + inventories + receivables as current assets and payables + overdraft for the liabilities i got something like 5.5:1

9 markers were more easy than hard - labour over capital process was a life saver, span of control again easy

for 25 markers i chose the e-commerce one and financial function one - i think i did decently structure was on point however the points did drag on i cant lie i couldn't think of a vast number of counters for both

overall i think it was medium difficulty leaning towards the easy end, i think i got 60% ish right, one down two to go

what did you say for the financial 25 marker ?
What did u right about financial objectives
answers for the maths are

im not allowed to say

and if u didnt do boston matrix and ethical 25 markers u failed
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ajrrrrrr

10%
146 days
1:1.3

That’s what I got for mine, skipped the ratios though as I wanted more writing time.
hi what did you guys put for the 25 marker on how action of finance can let the business achieve the lowest costs in the market? I said things like it allows budgeting to get low costs, depends on competitively of the market etc but I found that rlly hard
Original post by Remma12
what did you say for the financial 25 marker ?
Original post by Dontlookdown
That’s what I got for mine, skippedratio the ratios though as I wanted more writing time.

ratios are so easy - its one expressed as the other ??

just divide assets by liabilities
(edited 1 year ago)
with the current assets, did you also include the revenue made from sales?

just divide assets by liabilities get 1.3:1

just divide assets by liabilities get 1.3:1

I know how to do it, I just didn’t want to.
Reply 15

im not allowed to say

inventory turnover = 6.25 times
payable days = 87.6 days
current ratio = 1.32:1
For the Network Analysis MC, what did you guys put for the first statement? True or False?

im not allowed to say

you picked the easiest questions, examiners like to see uniqueness in answers- they mark it better as its different to the norm - plus they were easier imo

take it from some one getting A* in mocks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Minmin1234
hi what did you guys put for the 25 marker on how action of finance can let the business achieve the lowest costs in the market? I said things like it allows budgeting to get low costs, depends on competitively of the market etc but I found that rlly hard

i brung up financial ratios - liquidity, capital, profitable - effects of globalisation and consumer culture and how they are needed in low cost strategies as they are needed to be continuously monitored and adapted to retain a competitive advantage - links to kaizen - porters strategies (maybe squeeze a bit of JIT)
i said they are needed as the backbone for change - figures and data are needed to support proposals
needed for investment appraisal - low cost will need forecast regularly to monitor progression of objectives
- need to set objectives, gather and analysis data and implement improvements

however they only look at financial and not overall performance something needed if you wore to be looking at low cost strategies
- its expensive - requires big budget for staff
if no finical functions are used then low cost would be based of intuition - many negatives in that
only as good as data entered
if low budget staff are used - data could be wrong - higher unit costs due to errors/set backs

I got all the same answers but I rounded them to the correct whole number especially for the payables days and inventory turnover. I wasn’t sure whether you keep them as they were or round them.

Latest