The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (options A to L) 7042/1K - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (options A to L) 7042/1K - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Do u guys have any exam predictions?????
Reply 2
Original post by halima_491
Do u guys have any exam predictions?????

i'm so stumped lol! this paper is my least favourite so it's been massive effort to revise. i'm thinking no chapter 1 because its come up so often, maybe immigration? or something about US society in the 20s. idk i have no idea, what're your thoughts? and what's your paper 2?
Original post by Raji.x
i'm so stumped lol! this paper is my least favourite so it's been massive effort to revise. i'm thinking no chapter 1 because its come up so often, maybe immigration? or something about US society in the 20s. idk i have no idea, what're your thoughts? and what's your paper 2?

i feel like the society chapters are okay to revise but the economy chapters are an absolute painnnnn
i think that they'd be a question on progressivism, but i honestly have no clue tbh
for paper 2 i do the making of modern britain
Reply 4
i feel like the society chapters are okay to revise but the economy chapters are an absolute painnnnn
i think that they'd be a question on progressivism, but i honestly have no clue tbh

i'm really happy that most of the foreign policy got chopped out bc that was my worst area but yes at least one question on politics would be likely
sweet my paper 2 is wars and welfare: britain in transition so we kinda have some overlap

is your paper 1 USA: making of a superpower? if so i think we've got exactly the same specs lmaooo
Reply 6
New Deal essay question HASSSS to come up
For ocr a-level history civil rights 1865-1992?
Reply 8
Original post by Delpha2003
For ocr a-level history civil rights 1865-1992?

Im talking about AQA making of a superpower.
Original post by Avc2003
Im talking about AQA making of a superpower.

Oh nm good luck though!
Original post by Delpha2003
Oh nm good luck though!

You too bro good luck
Anyone here do vikings?
Original post by Avc2003
New Deal essay question HASSSS to come up

omg nooooooo i'd cry

i was looking at the 2019 paper because pretty much all of our advance info is on that one, so here are my predictions:
Extract: Policies of containment through Kennedy, LBJ and Nixon
Essay 1: How far did Progressivism affect social change in USA or something like that
Essay 2: How did the New Deals and WW2 affect the USA post-war economy
Essay 3: How effective were Johnson's policies in addressing inequality after the US Civil War

watch me be completely wrong tho lmaooo
Original post by Elisabeth Hughes
omg nooooooo i'd cry

i was looking at the 2019 paper because pretty much all of our advance info is on that one, so here are my predictions:
Extract: Policies of containment through Kennedy, LBJ and Nixon
Essay 1: How far did Progressivism affect social change in USA or something like that
Essay 2: How did the New Deals and WW2 affect the USA post-war economy
Essay 3: How effective were Johnson's policies in addressing inequality after the US Civil War

watch me be completely wrong tho lmaooo

Everyone in my history class has been saying the same thing as you for the Extract and Essay 2. I think the extract has to be foreign policy during the cold war and at least one essay on the new deal. I feel like if they were to ask an essay for the reconstruction/gilded era itd be society (please AQA) or economy (Please don't AQA), probably no politics as only reconstruction was left in the AI and not the gilded age. I have no idea what they would ask for progressive era, maybe something to do with the reaction to big business?

But it's basically a shot in the dark. I'd really like an interwar society question but I don't think that'll come up lmao.
How did everyone find the exam?
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did everyone find the exam?

the extract question was sent from heaven tbh, so was the first essay question. everyone from my school found it to be quite good i think, almost everyone chose the african american reconstruction question for the essay one, but loads of people varied between answering the last two.
Extract question was 😍😍 all I’m worried about is how the grade boundaries are gonna be because everyone found it good😭
Reply 17
fr the way everyone said it was good makes me worried😭 i did questions 2 and 4
Cheeky paper. Everyone in my class picked question 2 and 4 for the essay because we already did similar questions too them recently. Hopefully the grade boundaries are still calm.
Original post by eleanor83216
Extract question was 😍😍 all I’m worried about is how the grade boundaries are gonna be because everyone found it good😭

I know, everyone's saying it went well but I found the Wilson one so hard to structure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending