The Student Room Group

University application

I got really bad predicted grades BDD and I wanna be able to study materials science in Manchester uni but it requires AAA. I don't think they are gonna accept me but if my actual grades meet the requirements will I be able to get a place and how?
Do you have an offer or are you looking to apply next year?
Clearing, adjustment (if they're available next year*) or gap year
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Do you have an offer or are you looking to apply next year?

Im in yr 12 rn so I'm gonna apply next year
Reply 4
Original post by hungrysalamander
Clearing, adjustment (if they're available this year) or gap year

Can you explain how they work
Original post by hungrysalamander
Clearing, adjustment (if they're available this year) or gap year

(Normally I would encourage an Extra application but with your current predictions I think it would be a waste.)

There’s no adjustment this year so your two options are clearing (if it’s available) or a gap year and reapply with achieved grades.
Original post by Pakisaurus

There's still time to improve them then! Focus on improving them now and try to get your teachers to bump up the predicted grades before you send your application. :^)

I would consider alternate course options closer to your current predicted grades for an insurance choice (or to pick from once you get all your offers next year) but you've still got a shot at AAA. 👀
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
(Normally I would encourage an Extra application but with your current predictions I think it would be a waste.)

There’s no adjustment this year so your two options are clearing (if it’s available) or a gap year and reapply with achieved grades.

Why isn't there adjustment this year? How did u find out?
Why isn't there adjustment this year? How did u find out?

Very, very few students actually got placed via adjustment. Less than a hundred each year. I’m guessing it just wasn’t worth the hassle of running, for UCAS or unis.

Confirmed via a UCAS spokesperson here:

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/ucas-adjustment-explained

Read this - especially the bit about making your 5 choices across a range of different grade requirements - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending