The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Modelling physics H556/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

OCR A Level Physics Modelling physics H556/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The specification states that "Component 01(Modelling physics) assesses content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5." However, I have seen several questions in the papers that are based on Waves in module 4. What is up with that?
Original post by DO12345
The specification states that "Component 01(Modelling physics) assesses content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5." However, I have seen several questions in the papers that are based on Waves in module 4. What is up with that?

Are you revising according to the Advance information given to you?
This week ! :afraid:
Oscillations is a topic in OCR A level Physics Module 5.3 which has a lot of relations with Module 4 topics, it is about things like SHM
Screenshot 2022-05-25 192456.png
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what topics might be on there that aren't in the advance info 🤣
theres bound to be a couple of 2 markers on motion, some Wsin theta type business,
Question: what on earth is the practical skills in Astro and cosmo?!! im going nuts!! i do not recall an Astro/Cosmo PAG!
Original post by clazlihou
theres bound to be a couple of 2 markers on motion, some Wsin theta type business,
Question: what on earth is the practical skills in Astro and cosmo?!! im going nuts!! i do not recall an Astro/Cosmo PAG!

diffraction gratings things I imagine
Original post by Obolinda
diffraction gratings things I imagine

thank you so much! i was insanely panicking over that haha!
Reply 9

It'll probably be on Hubble's law and doppler effect. so equating and finding velocities or finding the age of the universe from Hubble's constant. Or diffraction gratings
thank you so much! i was insanely panicking over that haha!

no worries
good luck for tomorrow :smile:
can’t sleep due to nerves, good luck for tomorrow everyone 🤞❤️
Reply 12
Original post by TirednessInc
can’t sleep due to nerves, good luck for tomorrow everyone 🤞❤️

Original post by J875
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what topics might be on there that aren't in the advance info 🤣

Well there are practical skills on materials and astrophysics/cosmology. I had a look and I believe there are only three practicals between these topics: diffraction gratings, investigating Hooke’s Law and finding the Young modulus of a material. Correct me if there are any more .

Of course that doesn’t stop them from giving us a question with a new equation and asking us to investigate it, but even then that question could only realistically be based on the two materials practicals we already know.

Good luck for the exam everyone!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sqweku
Well there are practical skills on materials and astrophysics/cosmology. I had a look and I believe there are only three practicals between these topics: diffraction gratings, investigating Hooke’s Law and finding the Young modulus of a material. Correct me if there are any more .

Of course that doesn’t stop them from giving us a question with a new equation and asking us to investigate it, but even then that question could only realistically be based on the two materials practicals we already know.

Good luck for the exam everyone!

thanks for the hints! we’ve got this 💪
Good luck everyone!

MP
Good luck!
Guys I am panicking soo much
Hope it went well everyone - how did you find it?

MP :smile:
Was the advance info helpful?
Hardest OCR A paper 1 I have ever sat!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending