The Student Room Group

literature revision

what's a good structure to revise and go over english literature? (for a christmas carol and an inspector calls)
when i learnt this a year ago i didn't do that well and i completely forgot everything there is to know, and anything i do know is very very basic (so basically i need to start from scratch)
can anyone give me an effective structure in doing this? we have themes and characters to cover so should i do one theme per hour and same with the characters, or something better? (i've never revised english lit before so if anyone has any other tips i would be really grateful) :smile:
i did my igcse lit exam today(unseen poetry and OMAM, ive got a few weeks until my macbeth and AIC exam)so here are some of my tips. so first off i believe you have a character of theme question perhaps, so i suggest doing the theme question, as you could spend a paragraph each with talking about a character and analysing it, your pararaph can be two pages or 10 lines, it doesnt matter, write as much as you can for the character and link them with context and embed quotations along the way

As for AIC and christmas carol, go over mr salles's videos as he's realeased alot of shorts on them so jot down everything on a ppt perhaps or flashcards and you should be good. A day prior to your exam open a random question and make a mini plan for it, like

theme of capitalism in an inspectors call

my plan:
mr. birling- cpitalist views, exploits others 'quote'
inspector- proxy for pristley, aic gives an anti-war and anticapitalist message
blabla i choose a character and throw everything i remmebr about them

for AIC i have made a ppt for myself with quotes and themes and everything necessary so if youd like a link of that lmk.
Original post by psychstudent2625
i did my igcse lit exam today(unseen poetry and OMAM, ive got a few weeks until my macbeth and AIC exam)so here are some of my tips. so first off i believe you have a character of theme question perhaps, so i suggest doing the theme question, as you could spend a paragraph each with talking about a character and analysing it, your pararaph can be two pages or 10 lines, it doesnt matter, write as much as you can for the character and link them with context and embed quotations along the way

As for AIC and christmas carol, go over mr salles's videos as he's realeased alot of shorts on them so jot down everything on a ppt perhaps or flashcards and you should be good. A day prior to your exam open a random question and make a mini plan for it, like

theme of capitalism in an inspectors call

my plan:
mr. birling- cpitalist views, exploits others 'quote'
inspector- proxy for pristley, aic gives an anti-war and anticapitalist message
blabla i choose a character and throw everything i remmebr about them

for AIC i have made a ppt for myself with quotes and themes and everything necessary so if youd like a link of that lmk.

thank you so much!! :smile: you just made everything seem so much more simpler haha
yeah could you please send me the link of the powerpoint? (you can private message or send on here, whichever you prefer)
also good luck for your next exam!
Original post by ArizonaRobbins
thank you so much!! :smile: you just made everything seem so much more simpler haha
yeah could you please send me the link of the powerpoint? (you can private message or send on here, whichever you prefer)
also good luck for your next exam!

your welcomee and tysmm good luck to you too!

here's the link lmk if it works https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qVLPxLZsTtIebFyN9hTyU5dR2xHXvAzDCJg6NBijS9I/edit?usp=sharing

this ppt is basically everything i compiled from yt videos and its kinda messy lolol but hopefully itll be useful (bearing in mind also that this ppt is more an in depth analysis rather than the basic plot and ideas)
your welcomee and tysmm good luck to you too!

here's the link lmk if it works https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qVLPxLZsTtIebFyN9hTyU5dR2xHXvAzDCJg6NBijS9I/edit?usp=sharing

this ppt is basically everything i compiled from yt videos and its kinda messy lolol but hopefully itll be useful (bearing in mind also that this ppt is more an in depth analysis rather than the basic plot and ideas)

thank you! but there's a problem haha
the google slides request thing didn't work - it couldn't send the request when i pressed the button
thank you! but there's a problem haha
the google slides request thing didn't work - it couldn't send the request when i pressed the button

oh yeah i got a mail, i gave request so you should be able to see it. jus open your google slides and checkk and lmk
oh yeah i got a mail, i gave request so you should be able to see it. jus open your google slides and checkk and lmk

it works
thank you so much!! :smile: i really appreciate it
also you really put a lot of effort into this ppt haha
it works
thank you so much!! :smile: i really appreciate it
also you really put a lot of effort into this ppt haha

hehe tyyy hopefully you find it useful! :smile:
thank you sm for the powerpoint!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending