The Student Room Group

Physics circuit question

Hello, for this question I get C, because I find the current in each loop by finding total resistance and dividing current by that, then multiply by two as there are two of these loops but it is the wrong answer.
How would I getB as the answer?03463943-6E4A-4EF2-A450-9FED19DE13EF.jpg.jpeg
Original post by grhas98
Hello, for this question I get C, because I find the current in each loop by finding total resistance and dividing current by that, then multiply by two as there are two of these loops but it is the wrong answer.
How would I getB as the answer?03463943-6E4A-4EF2-A450-9FED19DE13EF.jpg.jpeg

The resistance of the battery combination is 0.8 as they're in parallel.
So 1.5 = 0.8I + 2.4I
Solve and you get I = 0.46875 so it's B
Reply 2
Original post by Mocha Latte
The resistance of the battery combination is 0.8 as they're in parallel.
So 1.5 = 0.8I + 2.4I
Solve and you get I = 0.46875 so it's B

But non of the current from the first battery will go through that second battery will it because the currents would oppose eachother?
Reply 3
because kirchoffs second law it goes through one battery at a time. emf in is equal to V out in closed loop,
Reply 4
Original post by grhas98
But non of the current from the first battery will go through that second battery will it because the currents would oppose eachother?

Oh ye forgot about Kirchhofs laws
Original post by grhas98

Both the batteries are supplying current to the resistor. So if the current thru the resistor is I, then the current in each of the battery branch would be I/2

Quick Reply

Latest