The Student Room Group

Three year continuous residency

Hi,

I plan on applying to university next year but I am afraid I won’t be eligible for student finance as I would have been residing in the UK for 2 years 9 months up the the first day of the start of my course.

I was wondering if I could appeal the application as there was a travel ban in the Uk during the covid-19 pandemic which is the reason I couldn’t come to the Uk three months prior
Original post by Lesi7
Hi,

I plan on applying to university next year but I am afraid I won’t be eligible for student finance as I would have been residing in the UK for 2 years 9 months up the the first day of the start of my course.

I was wondering if I could appeal the application as there was a travel ban in the Uk during the covid-19 pandemic which is the reason I couldn’t come to the Uk three months prior

Hi There,

Just to check, are you applying for maintenance support as a home student? And where were you resident before you entered the UK?

Thanks, Erin N
Original post by SFE Erin N
Hi There,

Just to check, are you applying for maintenance support as a home student? And where were you resident before you entered the UK?

Thanks, Erin N

Hi
Thanks for the response, I plan on applying for Maintenance support as a home student but I’m aware not everyone qualifies for full support.

I was a resident in Nigeria before moving to the UK.
Original post by Lesi7
Hi
Thanks for the response, I plan on applying for Maintenance support as a home student but I’m aware not everyone qualifies for full support.

I was a resident in Nigeria before moving to the UK.

Hi there,

What is your current status within the UK?

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

What is your current status within the UK?

Thanks, Erin

Hi,
I am a UK citizen.
Original post by Lesi7
Hi,
I am a UK citizen.

You would need to show your time spent outside the UK was on a temporary basis.

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
You would need to show your time spent outside the UK was on a temporary basis.

Thanks, Erin

Thanks, if I may ask is this possible if I’ve only just moved to the UK as I lived in Nigeria all my life up until I moved?
Original post by Lesi7
Thanks, if I may ask is this possible if I’ve only just moved to the UK as I lived in Nigeria all my life up until I moved?

You'd need to have been residing in the EU or UK for 3 years or more preceding the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen
Original post by Jen SFE
You'd need to have been residing in the EU or UK for 3 years or more preceding the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen

Hi,
Can I then apply for student finance in my second year of uni since i will have been residing in the UK for more than 3 years?
Original post by Lesi7
Hi,
Can I then apply for student finance in my second year of uni since i will have been residing in the UK for more than 3 years?

No, as I advised in my initial message above, this would need to be before the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen
Original post by Jen SFE
No, as I advised in my initial message above, this would need to be before the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks, Jen

Alright thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending