The Student Room Group

I don’t understand why he would say that…

hey,
i never usually post here, i’m just so confused right now and i really need some advice.

so long story short this guy has been interested in me for around two months now. i actually ended my last relationship three months ago and he’s never been in one.
although he’s a really nice guy, he’s not my type and i feel a bit uncomfortable speaking with him.. we’re the same age (17) but his sense of humour can be really weird and he makes sexual jokes randomly which can make stuff awkward. he’s asked me to kiss, send nudes and even be his girlfriend. i’ve said no to all of those things and he still keeps trying to make me say yes? like i think by now he should have got the hint??

however, today he randomly messaged me saying that if beauty were a crime, i’d be innocent.. and that it was meant with no offence and just a “*****y joke” (his words).. i don’t know how to respond to be honest and i really don’t know what i should do about this whole situation anymore.

if anyone could at least give me an opinion or could tell me what they think he’s getting at here, i would be very grateful. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
hey,
i never usually post here, i’m just so confused right now and i really need some advice.

so long story short this guy has been interested in me for around two months now. i actually ended my last relationship three months ago and he’s never been in one.
although he’s a really nice guy, he’s not my type and i feel a bit uncomfortable speaking with him.. we’re the same age (17) but his sense of humour can be really weird and he makes sexual jokes randomly which can make stuff awkward. he’s asked me to kiss, send nudes and even be his girlfriend. i’ve said no to all of those things and he still keeps trying to make me say yes? like i think by now he should have got the hint??

however, today he randomly messaged me saying that if beauty were a crime, i’d be innocent.. and that it was meant with no offence and just a “*****y joke” (his words).. i don’t know how to respond to be honest and i really don’t know what i should do about this whole situation anymore.

if anyone could at least give me an opinion or could tell me what they think he’s getting at here, i would be very grateful. :smile:

Hi there.

If you don't feel comfortable with doing something then please don't do it. If your choices can't be respected then it may be wise to move on.

Best wishes. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
hey,

Tell him to **** off, its none of his business. its upto you, you have no obligation to this lad. there are 8 billion people on this earth, would you spend your life with this weirdo?
Just end all contact with him and move on.
He's either desperate for a date/ons/fwb arrangement or an arrogant jerk who thinks that he can pressure you into changing your mind because he wants to hookup/dating relationship with a girl.
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

If you don't feel comfortable with doing something

then please don't do it. If your choices can't be respected then it may be wise to move on.

Best wishes. :smile:

thanks for the reply, i totally agree. i really don’t know how to tell him that i want to stop talking to him without sounding mean like although he’s treated me like this i genuinely would feel bad ..
Original post by krypton114
Tell him to **** off, its none of his business. its upto you, you have no obligation to this lad. there are 8 billion people on this earth, would you spend your life with this weirdo?

thanks for the reply, you’re right. i don’t feel any interest towards him at all and i really wish i never entertained him in the first place because i feel like now he just thinks he can say whatever he wants to me and not consider my feelings at all..
Original post by londonmyst
Just end all contact with him and move on.
He's either desperate for a date/ons/fwb arrangement or an arrogant jerk who thinks that he can pressure you into changing your mind because he wants to hookup/dating relationship with a girl.

thank you for the reply, i will try and distance myself from him.. we do have mutual friends so it is hard to but i have been trying to avoid him whenever i see him. in real life he doesn’t speak to me as much but he texts me quite a few times a day..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending