The Student Room Group

I didn't leave 2 lines space between each answer

I didn't leave 2 lines space between each answer in the English language exam. It says you should leave at least 2 lines space between each answer. I only left one line space and didn't leave any space between one answer. I wrote the question number for each question though. Will this be okay? I'm a bit worried. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zonyali123
I didn't leave 2 lines space between each answer in the English language exam. It says you should leave at least 2 lines space between each answer. I only left one line space and didn't leave any space between one answer. I wrote the question number for each question though. Will this be okay? I'm a bit worried. Thanks.

You will be ok, but why were you unable to follow simple instructions?
did anything happen? I forgot to do this

Original post by Zonyali123
Reply 3
Original post by Rayyaan03
did anything happen? I forgot to do this

Me too. I have a slow processing disorder so I forgot the instruction the second I read it. As long as our question numbers were clear, hopefully we’ll be okay.
Did you ever find out if this is okay? I just did the same thing 💀
Me too 😭
same! really worried
Don’t worry guys apparently it’s just because they use the two lines for comments, so it shouldn’t affect your marks:smile:
Original post by booklover88
Don’t worry guys apparently it’s just because they use the two lines for comments, so it shouldn’t affect your marks:smile:

thank you, who told you this by the way?
thank you!
Original post by booklover88
Original post by qwerty122333333
thank you, who told you this by the way?

Saw it on twitter (someone said they’d asked their teacher) x
Oh and also there’s a psychology examiner on TikTok - she replied to a comment saying it’s absolutely fine and won’t make a difference and they only do it to help with scanning :smile:
Original post by Sav055
Me too. I have a slow processing disorder so I forgot the instruction the second I read it. As long as our question numbers were clear, hopefully we’ll be okay.

That’s not an excuse though. My processing speed is in the bottom percentile and I still remembered to do that. You’ll be fine, it’s nothing to worry about, but that isn’t a valid excuse.
Original post by KirstinTM
That’s not an excuse though. My processing speed is in the bottom percentile and I still remembered to do that. You’ll be fine, it’s nothing to worry about, but that isn’t a valid excuse.

So just because you, with your specific processing speed, don't find it an issue - others can't? There are many reasons behind why someone may have a processing issue and therefore many different ways it can impact people; it's a bit unfair to hold everyone to your standard of what constitutes as an 'excuse' or not. It's also very easy to make little mistakes in the pressure of the exam room, especially given that covid disruption has meant that for many people this is their first serious set of exams.

Regardless @Sav055, it will absolutely fine. I was a bit worried after one Literature paper because I used lots of extra booklets and was worried if I had labelled them all correctly/in the right order. Apparently, before they are scanned, someone will look at your work and make sure it's all in the right order/labelled correctly. The two lines thing is just to help with scanning but is not the end of the world, they are prepared for people to make minor mistakes like that.

Lol why is this coming across kinda aggressive?
Don't project your own experiences onto others, we are all different

I'm not using it as an excuse like that, it's my fault that I didn't go back and read it because I knew it was a problem for me. I'm just saying that it's one of the factors mixed with stress from writing as well as the learning difficulties I have on top of my processing speed. If I was using it as an excuse, I would have said 'I didn't leave the gap because my processing speed made me forget'. While I appreciate the 'You'll be fine' , my processing disorder may not be the same as yours. Nether the less, thank you for responding.
Original post by _Kestrel_
So just because you, with your specific processing speed, don't find it an issue - others can't? There are many reasons behind why someone may have a processing issue and therefore many different ways it can impact people; it's a bit unfair to hold everyone to your standard of what constitutes as an 'excuse' or not. It's also very easy to make little mistakes in the pressure of the exam room, especially given that covid disruption has meant that for many people this is their first serious set of exams.

Regardless @Sav055, it will absolutely fine. I was a bit worried after one Literature paper because I used lots of extra booklets and was worried if I had labelled them all correctly/in the right order. Apparently, before they are scanned, someone will look at your work and make sure it's all in the right order/labelled correctly. The two lines thing is just to help with scanning but is not the end of the world, they are prepared for people to make minor mistakes like that.

Thank you for this, it makes me feel a lot better about a problem I already hate let alone when I get pointed out for mentioning it. Stress does make it a lot worse for my learning difficulties so you summed it up for me pretty well :smile: Also, your explanation is really helpful. Thank you for being kind.
lol im sure we will be fine, they wont deduct marks if we didnt leave two lines of space - i think they may do something if you left no lines though
Original post by LizzieCordelia
Did you ever find out if this is okay? I just did the same thing 💀

Hi, did this affect your result in the end? I did an exam today and forgot to leave two lines
Reply 19
Just did this for aqa paper 3 psychology :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest